RiseandStrive
      Silver
      HI, Guys!

My blog: Bigger than Big
      - starting bankroll: 300$
      - goal: 10000$
      - game: NL ZOOM

nickname: kaaposts

I will start at NL10 zoom, I think I'm gonna post some hands, graphs, probably with some detailed info and my thoughts on limits while moving up as well.

Additional goals inside of this challenge:

1. Play at least 100k hands/month
      2. Play at least EV 5bb/100 at any limit
      3. reach at least NL200 zoom
      4. come closer to get BLACK MEMBER status at PokerStrategy
      5. become full time poker player

Bankroll management:

- I'm gonna take a shot at higher limit when I will reach 27bi for the limit with buffer zone of 3-4 bi and move down if necessary. Note: I want to skip NL16 and jump to NL25 (witch means I will make some more shots and more aggressive BR approach) - reasons for this are: I'm working on my game so I need to accumulate database for analysis to grasp the feeling of limit/opponents and will be adjusting my ranges mostly preflop just to create sound game plan witch suits me more so I can comfortably grind 4 tables of zoom. And second - I will have to withdraw around 400$/month, it's the price I have to pay for the pleasure of playing poker for obvious domestic issues. I need to make 1000$ mark as soon as possible to sustain decent bankrol, witch means I need good run :f_biggrin: .

I will be introducing my state of game and latest results on this blog later on, so You can have feeling about my approach to the game and hopefully give You some useful info. So, gl :f_cool:
  • 11 replies
    • BadHabit1989
      BadHabit1989
      Bronze
      good luck with your blog and with ur final goal to get a profesionall poker player (i guess thats what u mean by full time poker player)
      you posted it in the wrong section under questions, but i think it should be easy for mods to move it :)
    • RiseandStrive
      RiseandStrive
      Silver
      Lil bit about me...

Had some experience before. There wasn't single month where I would end up in red zone Started with S&G, did pretty good, till came the Great 'Black Friday":f_biggrin: . From that point onwards basically did't played serious hours of grind what so ever, maybe some MTT's online once or twice in a month where scored couple thousands here and there, but nothing special. In this summer had back need for grind :f_tongue: and build bankroll, deposited 50 bucks, tried zoom , fall in love with it from first hand :f_love: , at witch point realized cash game will be my focus from now on. Now... first time started kind of serious/ih grind back in 2016 October 1. It was attempt to cash in for at least 300$/100000k hands and kind of testing waters for next 3 months and if shot will be successful than I'm gonna look for full time grind. Did manage that...

some results...
    • RiseandStrive
      RiseandStrive
      Silver

NL5 graph:

NL10 graph

Some thoughts...

As you can see from stats, I'm not as aggro-maniac as you could think, despite good red line. Just your standard 21/19 reg. The most interesting things happens at showdown. Let's be fair here - It's not that I'm calling down to much or on the river: river call eff and river call win% is in right frequencies, the shit hits the flour than I'm trying to hard to take villain's of their hands by turning weak made hands or with blockers in to the bluffs, thinking that they have to fold top pair/weak kicker, because it's can't be good against my line. How naive can I be?! :f_biggrin: I must be taking poker to advanced for those stakes :f_mad: ... I got the lessen. conclusion: Let it go man and live to fight another day...

Now the funny part... New Year

As the date hits 1st of January 2017, I'm confident in my game. I keep my preflot ranges tight, solid and sound, no betting without equity, no 5bet pushing Ace/rag suited against aggro's just picking some pots here and there - this will be my poker prayer from now on I say to my self...
      ...and poker Gods answer to me with great present- on the present box it's written "It's swingy time for You my friend" inside... for the start, how about 50bi downswing at NL fk 5 when only yesterday you crushed it with 15bb/100 ?? !! :f_biggrin: .. took me 60k hands - to get break even - fine, whatever :f_cool: OK, here is 2nd part of the present for You, my Friend, the bonus, say's poker gods - just 30bi down this time.

Ou... sorry, mate, just forgot, can't let you down, there is additional surprise for You and on the road of your poker development - just another 15bi or something at NL10!

... witch brings us up to this day and I'm grateful for that! :f_grin:
      why?
      because I'm mad, mad at myself, 4bb/100 wtf is that? Another mediocre result?.. fkin disgrace. So I'm gonna work even harder on my game, so You can see me rise and strive once again ... :f_biggrin:

ok, guys, hope U had some fun :f_cool: ... till next update and gl at the tables!
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      That red line dude :appl:

Good luck with your goals ! :s_drink:
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Looking at your redline... I hope you treat your girlfriend better than your opponents!

GL in the BR challenge with your ambitious goal,

SvenBe
    • RiseandStrive
      RiseandStrive
      Silver
      Holly shit! seriously? Where should I put it?
    • RiseandStrive
      RiseandStrive
      Silver
      About that red line...
      well... I know :f_biggrin: ... I'm bad motherf...r :f_cool: , but It's probably not the greatest approach to the game (from theoretical point of view), probably should be break even, specially at those stakes.

About my girlfriend...
      she says I'm pretty nice and lovely guy :f_rolleyes: , its probably because I'm letting my tiger out at poker tables :f_biggrin:
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Bronze
      Yooo, nice blog, dude! :f_drink:

Wish you lots of good run and may your 57s cracks the shit out of opponents AA. :f_pleased:

gl!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by BadHabit1989

you posted it in the wrong section under questions, but i think it should be easy for mods to move it :)
      I agree. It sounds very bloggy to me so I have taken the liberty of moving it to the blog section. :f_thumbsup:

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • RiseandStrive
      RiseandStrive
      Silver
      thanks! :) best regards :f_pleased:
    • RiseandStrive
      RiseandStrive
      Silver
      Hi, Guys!

Started grind, not the most successful, but at least was experimenting with all sorts of stuff...

Did the homework for most of week, was filtering my HM and find some interesting stuff about playing from blinds - was happy :f_pleased: I think in the future will shear some ideas and graphs, looked like form about 15bb/100 improvement - not bad :f_cool: . Also tried to improve my old habits of getting villains of their hands :f_biggrin: for this case I even changed my ranges and requirements for doing this play, but God damn... I'm done with this play looks like at least up until NL50. Just for an example - the guy just insta snaps all 3 streets...

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

SB: $10 (100 bb)
      Hero (BB): $13.31 (133.1 bb)
      UTG: $22.04 (220.4 bb)
      MP: $10 (100 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)
      BTN: $21.72 (217.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :Kd: :Ts:
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.60) :Ks: :Qc: :As: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.10, SB calls $0.80

Turn: ($2.80) :4d: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.10, SB calls $2.10

River: ($7) :3c: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $9.81 and is all-in, SB calls $6.50 and is all-in

Results: $20 pot ($0.90 rake)
      Final Board: :Ks: :Qc: :As: :4d: :3c:
      SB showed :Ad: :5h: and won $19.10 ($9.10 net)
      Hero showed :Kd: :Ts: and lost (-$10 net)

As I said I was experimenting and flop play as default is to call.
      - of course better would be T without spade. Well... at least villain did't have it :f_biggrin:
      Disclaimer: DO NOT DO AS I DID at home !