NL25 sss HUUUUGE downswing!!!

• Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      WTF is wrong with 2009?
      i consider myself a winning player, i did well on NL10 sss, after learning a lot, posting hands, etc...

i thought i knew about variance... losing a few stacks today, winning a few the other... but recently it seems i just cant win!!! :(

i moved up to NL25 when i had $200... took it up to ~$340, and today im back at $200...

now, every maniac has AA or KK.... and finally when they show A4, they suckout...

well, variance is a BITCH!!!
      -700 bb :( :( :( at least there is something variance cant fight, ant thats BRM...
  • 10 replies
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      I am no SSS expert but a downswing over 5200 hands is more than just a downswing i think you might have some leaks or maybe tiliting and not even know it ( when i first started playing poker..after a bad beat I knew I would tilt but i kept on playing..NOT A GOOD IDEA). If you are still playing Basic SSS i suggest you start to understand how to steal and steal reraise against like button/cu Open raises. This becomes important as you start to move up limits but does require knowledge of the player who you making the move on.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Omg another doomswitch ( unfortunatly I'm also on a downswing where losing 400 bb a day seems standard X( :( :( ).

Play less tables, since playing in 16tables + downswing is a recepy for disaster ( variance strikes in less amount of time ) , try playing 6 to 8 tables stealing against the right oponents. A losing session doesn't suck that much when non showdown winnings are close to 0 ( happened yesterday, 6 BI down btw )
    • OKC0mputer
      OKC0mputer
      Bronze
      Party Poker?
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      The probability of having -700bb in 5100 hands if you are a break even player is 0,000143398.
      (http://www.math.csusb.edu/faculty/stanton/probstat/normal_distribution.html)
      So you are probably tilting money away

Post hands, play less tables, go to NL10 and try to find you leaks.

Best regards,
      Kukki
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Even if you are down 380bb in 13k hands the probability of not being a winning player is 79%.
      http://www.castrovalva.com/~la/win.htm

So keep working
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by PidKoker
      I am no SSS expert but a downswing over 5200 hands is more than just a downswing i think you might have some leaks or maybe tiliting and not even know it ( when i first started playing poker..after a bad beat I knew I would tilt but i kept on playing..NOT A GOOD IDEA). If you are still playing Basic SSS i suggest you start to understand how to steal and steal reraise against like button/cu Open raises. This becomes important as you start to move up limits but does require knowledge of the player who you making the move on.
      no, 5k hands is nothing.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      Originally posted by PidKoker
      no, 5k hands is nothing.
      As it looks to me Jaime001254 is also new poker player so he hardly play perfectly all the time. I had downswing but this one looks like free fall.

And i played at least 200k hands last year from which half was SSS and when i had nice small free fall(-10-15buy ins) few were totally my mistake cause i was tilting.
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      oh well obviously i tilted 4 or 5 BIs, but, i reviewd that 5k hands... most money was lost with coinflips, and badbeats, and sometimes a PFR20 with KK... but well, i know im a winning player, at least in NL25... i shall keep my work, but always improoving my game.

today, after a few days, played again... i won an 8-game 6 handed SnG, and i think that doomswith is over... in fact y played 237 hands and won back 8 BI...

80bb/100, thats the level i hope to mantain LOL

oh well, i think... if there is a 70% chance im a losing player, then im a "lucky" player with BRM.

not making a blog but may update this if i keep it up/come back down

anyway thanks for the support/advices
      gl at the tables
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Hi Jaime, well done on ur upswing! Hopefully things are lookin up for you now. I know it can make you feel like crying when you can't seem to win a damn hand! This will end soon enough if you play well, n keep on studying, try to analyse your own hands n see if you are the one making mistakes, or ur just on the bad side of variance.

Most importantly try not to let your emotions rule ur game, which is easier said than done! If you are not in the right frame of mind you will make mistakes and poor decisions, if you notice this happening you could try doing something else you enjoy a lot, other than poker.. excercise can be very beneficial as it releases endorphines (happy chemicals) in your brain, n a happy player is always a good thing!

Best of luck to you :)
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      hehehe actually i went to a party this weekend, and ended up in my bed i dont know how, with a master headache and a **** smell...

but YOU´RE RIGHT, i worked out a lot in GYM yesterday...
      ty for your support, best of luck to you too!!!