Why I dislike 3bettting KQ

• Purity
      Purity
      Silver
      General hands that flatcall 3 bets in blinds vs LP are AJ+/occasional JJ/TT and premium hands to trap us QQ+

KQ beats big part of bu/cu openingsranges, I just dislike the situation if we get called. Aren't we putting ourselves in a negative implied odds spot were if we get called we either have villain crushed or otherway around.

Seems to me I'm more inclined to lose a big pot/my stack in a 3bet pot with KQ and win a small one.

I'm just making this topic because I posted a hand once were I coldcalled with KQs on bigblind were button open-raised. People/judge thoughts were it was too weak to just coldcall KQs vs button open-raiser.
      I hadn't put much thought to it back then since it seemed fairly ok to assume that it was better to 3bet KQ.
      However I'm convinced now of the opposite. I much rather 3bet sc,lowsuitedaces,small pp and coldcall KQ. This way I don't get myself in a negative implied odds situation if I 3bet and with coldcalling KQ I don't fold out the entire range were I can get value off.
  • 3 replies
    • soonish
      soonish
      Bronze
      I think it depends what you thik about your oppenent.
      For me in a FR micro stake and no reads It s afold.
    • soonish
      soonish
      Bronze
      And even if he is loose your are dominated by AQ AK KK AA QQ. But i guess in this spot you should three bet with anything if don t give credit your opponent for a good hand.
      But it takes ome corones....
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      It depends on the opponent and your skill level. Is your opponent folding a lot to 3bets? --> 3bet it
      Do you feel uncomfortable playing OOP --> 3bet it

If the answer to both is no, flatting becomes a valid option. Actually calling is the action with the highest EV in a vacuum. If you can handle difficult situations you are free to call from time to time.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar