This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

The future of online poker?

• VaskataBuci
      VaskataBuci
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Having in mind the latest policies of the governments which are towards banning of the online poker, the increasing rake and the changes in some rooms towards the restriction of the tracking software I would love to have your opinion about the future of the online poker.
      How do you think it will evolve with the more wide use of bots, solvers, etc.? Considering the latest changes in Microgaming towards restriction of the tracking software, and I believe more rooms will follow similar actions, how do you think it will change the "poker ecosystem"?

Looks like the restriction of the tracking software is a step in the right direction, maybe it will lower the advantage of some players how rely too much on those programs - I personally use HM, but don't rely too much on it. Of course I think hudless will not be able to play 8 tables but 4 for example. On the other hand, do you think that without saving hand history, the room could take effective measures towards team play. Also it would lower the advantage of the good players against the bots, as now it might be more difficult to spot leaks, etc...

In general, my opinion is that there always will be some sort of poker games (would it be NLHE or omaha or else). This is a multi billion industry and I do not believe the rooms will just let it die.

Cheers,:f_drink:
  • 15 replies
    • KorrineRey
      KorrineRey
      Bronze
      I agree. There will always be poker! :)
    • rvnikauj
      rvnikauj
      Bronze
      Hey the future is bitcoin poker in my opinion, betcoin.ag is a good site member of wpt network iirc. The only shit is the fluctuations on the currency make you stay alert for bankroll loses.

Cash games will never die in my opinion and the only thing is very very difficult to maintain as a grind is live tournaments in my opinion.
      But you know for a good poker grind you just need a deck of cards, a table and a fish!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Sunny and bright, with occasional clouds :truestory:
    • MyFloXyBabY
      MyFloXyBabY
      Silver
      Originally posted by IvicaIliev77
      Sunny and bright, with occasional clouds :truestory:
      That (acurate) weather forecast made my day so much I wanted to thank you for it :s_drink:
    • nabokow
      nabokow
      Bronze
      as I play 12 tables, with no HUD I will be probably quitting poker.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Originally posted by rvnikauj
      Hey the future is bitcoin poker in my opinion, betcoin.ag is a good site member of wpt network iirc. The only shit is the fluctuations on the currency make you stay alert for bankroll loses.
      I hope not that we can only play with Bitcoin in the future. I expect most players will stop then, because so far, I know most players don’t know much about Bitcoin and it’s dangerous to invest money in currency you don’t know I think.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Anomic
      Anomic
      Bronze
      This makes the future just a little bit brighter.
    • cardinhand
      cardinhand
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nabokow
      as I play 12 tables, with no HUD I will be probably quitting poker.
      +1
      i totally agree:f_drink:
    • Allen001
      Allen001
      Basic
      I agree with you
    • Post removed

• Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      It was a long time since I quit. Got back, saw major traffic drop on all sites/networks, and decided to quit again, meh. Too boring for me.
    • tsab0
      tsab0
      Basic
      One of the biggest issue facing the world’s online poker industry is the lack of U.S. players involved in international networks. About 20% of the players at PokerStars before Black Friday were American. Half of Full Tilt’s players were from the US, while about 80% of those at Cereus were.
      American online poker players are known as loose and full of action. The lack of these players at European sites, not only hurts traffic, but the amount of money Americans bring to those tables.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey tsab0,

That is a very good point and a healthy online poker economy can't exist long term without involvement from those juicy US fish. :f_biggrin:

Where are you from? In fact, why don't you get yourself added to our Member map. You never know, the nearest PokerStrategist may live right next door. :f_p:

Cheers :f_drink:

Laz
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      That would be nice for sure, but the Chinese market should be big as well.
      There is I think also enough room to improve in that country.
    • TakingAShot
      TakingAShot
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tsab0
      One of the biggest issue facing the world’s online poker industry is the lack of U.S. players involved in international networks. About 20% of the players at PokerStars before Black Friday were American. Half of Full Tilt’s players were from the US, while about 80% of those at Cereus were.
      American online poker players are known as loose and full of action. The lack of these players at European sites, not only hurts traffic, but the amount of money Americans bring to those tables.
      This makes me wonder why there was never (or wouldn't be in the future) a huge influx of ROW players onto the US facing sites. Basically, flipping the system upside down and making the current exclusion of Americans on a lot of sites virtually irrelevant. Further, I think it would push a lot of sites to start being more accepting to the idea of taking in American deposits again. Perhaps, at least.