[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR OESD on flop in SB

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $11.57
      Hero:
      $1.90
      MP2:
      $9.70

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:club: , 9:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.30) 6:heart: , A:heart: , 7:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.60) 4:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.40, MP2 calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

River: ($1.80) 5:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.30 (All-In), BB calls $1.30, MP2 raises to $2.60, BB calls $1.30.

Final Pot: $8.30

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BB shows [ 5h, As ] two pairs, Aces and Fives
      Hero shows [ 8c, 9d ] a straight Five to Nine
      MP2 shows [ 8s, Ad ] a straight Four to Eight
      MP2 wins $2.47 USD with a straight, Four to Eight.
      Hero wins $5.42 USD with a straight, Five to Nine.

1 Was it ok to limp in, in SB, with one caller?
      2 I checked originally on the flop, but once BB bets and MP2 calls I think I have the right pot odds to call as well - could someone confirm - maybe it's marginal?
      3 However, I think I am ok to call on the Turn. Again, not quite sure.
      4 One more thing; I know my odds for OESD are 2:1 from Flop to River. If I miss on the Turn, am I right that the odds fall, or are they still 2:1. Basic probability, I know, but I'm a dunce :)
      Thanks for any advice,
      T6
  • 4 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      1. no
      2. check is fine, also the call since you are getting 1:5 pot odds
      3. nope, on turn you are not getting enough odds , you get 1:3.5 and need something like 1:~5.25
      4. the odds fall from turn to river, as you said it's basic probability that your draw is more likely to complete if you see 2 cards than 1.
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      1. i tend to call offsuited connectors only with very good odde, lets say with 9:1
      2.OESD => you need 5:1 for the next street. pot is 50 cent and you have 10 cent to call => right move
      3. fold turn
      4. OESD for one street 5:1 for two streets 2.1:1 but you only get two streets, when you are AI on the Flop!

5. nice donk
      6. read one more time the odds and out articel is one of the most important ones!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      1 Was it ok to limp in, in SB, with one caller?
      2 I checked originally on the flop, but once BB bets and MP2 calls I think I have the right pot odds to call as well - could someone confirm - maybe it's marginal?
      3 However, I think I am ok to call on the Turn. Again, not quite sure.
      4 One more thing; I know my odds for OESD are 2:1 from Flop to River. If I miss on the Turn, am I right that the odds fall, or are they still 2:1. Basic probability, I know, but I'm a dunce :)
      Thanks for any advice,
      T6

1) Don't complete without any information given (attend coachings for this information!) so fold

2) You think you have the odds? an OESD is 4.9:1 and you have to call $0.1 in order to win $0.5 which is 5:1 as well but you will lose your stack if the 5 or T comes against a Flush. Nevertheless please calculate the odds yourself because then you are sure you are playing profitable as I see now you are more gambling , we dont want that ;)

3) Easy muck here
      4) From Flop to River is when you are all-in on the Flop. If you are not going all-in on the Flop then stick to the 1 card row which 8 outs is 4,9:1

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Ok Gerv,

Thanks for the advice. Good point about the flush draw lowering my outs.

Tim