Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $25,10
      CO:
      $17,80

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , Q:diamond:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, CO raises to $2,00, 3 folds, Hero calls $1,00.

i know that minraise use some players with AA or KK.i had plan a catch A i go all in with him,whan catch Q fold on big cbet, so i think it wasnt so good but this time worked.

Flop: ($4,35) J:diamond: , 2:diamond: , A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4,35, Hero raises to $23,10 (All-In), CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

should i donk bet here? i checked because i put him on KK so whan i bet he will fold, so i choosed check raise, what do you think?

Final Pot: $13,05

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ah Qd)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (Ah Qd)
  • 5 replies
    • Sholomo
      Sholomo
      Bronze
      why would he fold KK on that flop immediately? and why would you fold pair of queens to big cbet? you have to call at least once and revaluate your hand on turn, except if u have any special read...

and I dont see how can u extract much more value from KK with checkraising than donkbet. If u put him on KK then donkbet flop, check turn and thin value bet river, if u are not sure then check/call flop and revaluate turn.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I don't like calling reraise with AQ OOP. I just fold it -pre-flop against unknown.

As played, I don't like your shove. There are so many hands that beat you there. AJ, AK, AA, JJ... You really can't know where you stand.

I would call his c-bet and b/f the turn.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      [quote]Originally posted by caltabiano
      I don't like calling reraise with AQ OOP. I just fold it -pre-flop against unknown.

He is getting to good odds not to call with almost his entire range(exceptions are small unsuited aces and kings that he steals with).
      Postflop - I'd either raise to 3x .
      or c/c three streets if I know that he is capable of taking multiple stabs with less than top pair.Im certainly going broke on this board though.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      True, he gets good odds to call that.

I like the idea of c/c 3 streets. But 3betting and going broke, do you think you can beat a hand that would be willing to go broke there? I'can't imagine which weaker hands would be willing to go further.
      And of course, once you 3bet in that spot, you're pretty much pot comitted. That's why I thought of calling flop and leading out on turn. It's cheaper and I think the fold equity doesn't change so much. AND you might get called by worse hands, since the bet will be smaller.

What do you think?
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      If you plan on flatting flop and then leading any turn you better raise flop yourself.Its basically the same thing, you dont get any additional info, but you give a free card.I dont know what you mean by cheaper, since you cant really b/f the turn and we are always playing for stacks here.
      That is the problem with c/c against a normal opponent as he will shutdown without an ace and we will give 2 freecards.Thats why c/c is preferable against an aggressive opponent.The standat way is to go broke on flop though.