Fulltilt ring games nl25/50 really tight???

• LikeSundayMorning
      LikeSundayMorning
      Bronze
      I recently started to play on fulltilt poker nl25 and nl 50 fullring. According to my table selector ahk the vpip for the tables i choose to play it is above 30% vpip. But it seems this is hardly ever the case. On average my HUD says most tables are like between 10-18% vpip and the average vpip of individual players is hardly ever over 20%.
      Does anyone think that fulltilt ring games even at these limits are alot tighter than on other networks?
      I usually play on the ipoker network and there seems to be much more action, like 2/3 times the amount of action compared to fulltilt.
      Is there an optimal time to play fullring games on fulltilt? I know happy hour always increases the action but is there a specific time besides happy hour that has more action? Perhaps after 6pm US time when all the american workers get home?
      Ive datamined like 300,000 hands on fulltilt at nl25/50 and there are not many players with alot hands in my DB that seem to have a vpip of over 20% and from ive experienced at the tables myself EVERYONE seems to be playing tight :(
  • 4 replies
    • geoka1
      geoka1
      Platinum
      try 6max, yes thats true if american people finish work they start play and we have more traffic so best time is from 24:00 to 6:00 europe time...
    • Cealin
      Cealin
      Bronze
      I had exactly that problem, especially with the 50NL tables (full ring).

The answer to making more profit is (for me): Switch to 100NL. There seem to be more noobs there and people have more leaks which you can easily exploit.

Stars is a good place for 25NL, FullTilt for 100NL.
    • TFMonty
      TFMonty
      Bronze
      I have had no problem with finding plenty of fish at NL25 and i play at a variety of times, usually coinciding with their happy hours. Sometimes you can be on a tight table but that nearly always means ya can just blindsteal to your target/raise slightly loser.

Ultimately the key to success is adapting your game to the surroundings

• iamblueandurmine
      iamblueandurmine
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cealin
      I had exactly that problem, especially with the 50NL tables (full ring).

The answer to making more profit is (for me): Switch to 100NL. There seem to be more noobs there and people have more leaks which you can easily exploit.

I completely agree, FT 50nl is tougher than 100nl (maybe the toughest low stacks level around), it seems like 50nl fits in nicely with a lot of grinders tight bankroll, i think a lot of good low stakes cash players stick at 50nl without moving up, cashing out fairly regularly. Whereas a lot of fish come from MTTs and SNG's and think the .5 /1$ blinds at 100nl is a level that fits them and they have little idea about cash game strategy and the difference in BR management. This was a great thing on Partypoker 100nl last year but imo it has tightened up and fish are harder to come by. BEst way round it is choose the right time of the day to play when the fish appear and of course weekends!