This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hello baby !!!!

• schafro
      schafro
      Basic
      HI I come from Macedonia and I'm new to poker ,just started playing hold'em online.I don't have any money so I play in freerolls, but I can't tell I'm good at it.I usualy finish in the top 20-30 % but I would like to get to the final table in every second turnament I play.I was wondering if someone can recomend a good begginers book! I'll play a turnament every day and hope I'll get better at this game.See you at the table BABY !!!
  • 7 replies
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Hello schafro and welcome to PokerStrategy!

Regarding the money issue, I guess you know by now that we will provide you with free starting capital - just make sure you first use our learning tools to become a better player:

- Strategy Articles
      - Instructional Videos
      - Coaching Sessions

Also, remember to post in the forums whenever you have questions and we will be glad to help you ;)

Best regards,
      vhallee
    • schafro
      schafro
      Basic
      Well I pased the quiz and now I'm waiting for the start up money.I'm watching the first video from cheeny8888 , but I have a lot more to learn.I have one question : am I by playing in SnG turnaments with low entry fee going to clear my 50$ ( whats with the rake!?! ) ?
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      when you buyin to a SNG tourney there is a fixed rake which is somewhat 10% which is usually stated by 1+0.10 . Rake paid in tourney fees is usually more rewarded than rake paid during cash games
    • schafro
      schafro
      Basic
      thank you for the info
    • CmyKK
      CmyKK
      Bronze
      I just passed the quiz and now they are asking me to provide them with all this personal information. I would have never taken the time to pass the quiz in the first place if I would have known that I would have 2 provide personal information. :(
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CmyKK
      I just passed the quiz and now they are asking me to provide them with all this personal information. I would have never taken the time to pass the quiz in the first place if I would have known that I would have 2 provide personal information. :(
      Hello CmyKK,

Since you are applying for essentially free money, you will of course have to provide some sort of personal information. Otherwise anyone could simply apply for starting capital - without any control what so ever.

Before you continue you though I just want to re-mark that we are currently not capable of transferring starting capital to players residing in the USA.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • TFMonty
      TFMonty
      Bronze
      why? that sounds strange as pokerstars, full tilt amongst others accept us players...........

especially when pokerstars is one of the $50 transfer sites