:5d: :Ks: :6c: [ 2s ]

I check
      Villain bets 0.85
      I raise to 2.45
      Villain calls

River:
      :5d: :Ks: :6c: :2s: [ :7c: ] Pot is 6.35

Hero jams for 7.14

I think I should 3-bet bluff :As: :4s: but I don't think calling can be that bad, I lead as I have a lot of backdoors which I can double barrel on and I block AK
      I don't think villain will fold to a bet on turn so I check raise, planning on jamming most rivers, I have a lot of equity also
      I block the the 4-low straight and think most :Qx: will struggle to call a jam.
      What do you guys think of this play?
  • 15 replies
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Bronze
      Hmmm creative... And although Im all for creative play I dont like the donk bet.
      The thing is you have close to 0 Fold Equity on the flop. In a vacuum its a bad lead. Ofcrouse you are planning to barrel but that would be just blind aggression. Do you have any notes/timing reads/stats?
      In HU pots its generally better to check all your range to the preflop raisor.
      I would much prefer your lead if it was a multiway pot because you wouldnt get called so often OTF from the PFR.

Everything changes when you decide to donk out. Thats why this hand seems all over the place. I LOVE IT :f_drink:

On the turn you can barrel off. You were repping some kind of a K or draw OTF and then OTT you rep a set or 43s. The hand that most makes sense is 43s. But players wouldnt really put you on such hand and they dont really need to since its 4 combos. Buuut if you think he would fold top pairs vs check-raise enough - go for it. You have equity so your bluff doesnt need to work that often.

OTR you want to make hands like 78 to fold their pair+missed draw. When you get called OTT you most likely getting called OTR from the same made hands. You just have to put it in equilab and check whether his missed draws are enough to shove.
    • lotteri3xx
      lotteri3xx
      Bronze
      I donked because villain was opening/calling nearly every hand preflop, I figured that if his range was that wide then he couldn't defend very much postflop, I'm not sure if that's theoretically sound
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Bronze
      Sure, that makes a little more sense now
    • Coinseeker12321
      Coinseeker12321
      Gold
      I would definetly just check Call the flop because you keep his bluffs in and have decent showdown ev as a bluff catcher with the ace
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      C/F the flop, you don't have to fight to win every single pot OOP. I would call this IP with backdoor draws / Ace high but you're OOP against a UTG raiser on a fairly dry board. C/C puts you in a weird spot and Donk betting doesn't really make sense as you're effectively turning your hand into a pure bluff with very little equity on the flop if he calls, maybe picking up some on the turn.
    • Post removed

• Coinseeker12321
      Coinseeker12321
      Gold
      As Most opponents dont barrel multiple streets as a bluff at this level I would call flop to give up on all turns without a 3 7 A or spade.
      You can decide if you checkraise your draws on the turn to rep a set or two pair if you think villain is to aggressive
    • Xixi74
      Xixi74
      Bronze
      fold preflop

As played, fold turn

Here your only nuts are 55-66, you do not have any 34.

Against a good opponent, on this spot you will always loose, he could 3bet shove on the turn a loooooot of bluff
    • Coinseeker12321
      Coinseeker12321
      Gold
      Against a good opponent youre right but at NL10 zoom I think the standard villain will not try to 3betbluff at all
      and I would never fold turn with this huge draw and the pot odds
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      This seems like a good hand for our hand discussion forum and moved it to there.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Xixi74
      fold preflop

As played, fold turn

Here your only nuts are 55-66, you do not have any 34.

Against a good opponent, on this spot you will always loose, he could 3bet shove on the turn a loooooot of bluff
      We cannot fold on turn with Nut FD...
      I do not like raising here. Just call and see the river.
    • AAreraiseKK
      AAreraiseKK
      Bronze
      i think should fold at theflop. your donk bet was very strange.
      if he has K, he never would fold.
    • Xixi74
      Xixi74
      Bronze
      Wow I missread the hh.
      I didn't see that you donk bet flop, can I ask you why ? Because you have a lot of cards to 2barrels, and you check...

And I thought we just had a SD on the turn ahah.

And don't know what to say about this hand, I don't like the preflop, I don't like the flop, I don't like the turn so, I don't like the river ahah
    • lotteri3xx
      lotteri3xx
      Bronze
      Thanks for the feedback guys, looking back at the hand I hate the donk, I think I can cc against the maniac for one street, and can call this turn with the fd. I don't know what I was thinking with this hand
    • pokerboy198229
      pokerboy198229
      Bronze
      Most regs on this level will try to call you off because you played this hand very fancy. So they need to know what the hell just happened to them to make a good note. So thats why i do not recommend to play fance expecially when you try to bluff: fancy plays will be getting more to showdown than other standaard plays.