Thinking Cap #2 - hand scenario

• sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      Ok, So this time i'm playing live. It's just a small local tournament 23 people, £10 freezeout

First Hand of the night
      Stack : 5000 Blinds 50/100
      SB (you) : AK

BU raises to 600 preflop as UTG+1 Limps as does MP2

I Flat Call and the BB and other two in the hand fold, so were 2handed

flop K Q 10 --- i bet out for 600 - BU Flat Calls..

turn : Q - i bet 800 and the BU Raises to 2400

....What Do You Do ???
  • 5 replies
    • SeanBurchell
      SeanBurchell
      Bronze
      Depends how he plays. If he is an opportunistic player applying pressure to win a quick pot, then i would re-raise all in. But if he is a tight player only raising his made hands then id consider a fold.
      would he play a Q J?
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      v an unknown I fold - can't really see what we beat and could already be drawing dead, but what do I know... I play FL cash games... :tongue:

BTW why the small bet size on you flop donk and turn bet? Okay, I know... go read some articles. :D
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      i think you can fold. once he's flatted flop i tihnk he'll nearly always flat turn with KJ, JT, AK.

but why did you play the rest of the hand like that??
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      Ok, So I Realize My Bad Play -

Only way i can justify my turn bet - is a semi-block bet, hoping he will flat call with a worse King or fold a lesser hand -- baring in mind, although an 800 bet isn't really relative to stack size's (and i agree that online, i would most likely bet larger but at this particular tournament, which i've played a few weeks, its pretty standard to et the same amount on flop + turn if you have a big hand)

anyways, i was routeing for him to flat call then i was willing to c/c the river..

i folded to the re-raise and mucked my AK face up to show him i had a premium hand after tanking for 5mins, and he showed me AQ (phewwwwwww) thankfully i outlasted him :P and finished 3rd overall :)

thanks for the reply's and for pointing out my bad play, even though i realize the play i made was terrible - but c'mon, who wants to go bust first hand of a live tourney :(
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sabo999
      i folded to the re-raise and mucked my AK face up to show him i had a premium hand after tanking for 5mins, and he showed me AQ (phewwwwwww)
      Nice fold sir! :D

thankfully i outlasted him :P and finished 3rd overall :)
      Nice recovery, well done!