This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Thinking Cap #2 - hand scenario

• sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      Ok, So this time i'm playing live. It's just a small local tournament 23 people, £10 freezeout

First Hand of the night
      Stack : 5000 Blinds 50/100
      SB (you) : AK

BU raises to 600 preflop as UTG+1 Limps as does MP2

I Flat Call and the BB and other two in the hand fold, so were 2handed

flop K Q 10 --- i bet out for 600 - BU Flat Calls..

turn : Q - i bet 800 and the BU Raises to 2400

....What Do You Do ???
  • 5 replies
    • SeanBurchell
      SeanBurchell
      Bronze
      Depends how he plays. If he is an opportunistic player applying pressure to win a quick pot, then i would re-raise all in. But if he is a tight player only raising his made hands then id consider a fold.
      would he play a Q J?
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      v an unknown I fold - can't really see what we beat and could already be drawing dead, but what do I know... I play FL cash games... :tongue:

BTW why the small bet size on you flop donk and turn bet? Okay, I know... go read some articles. :D
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      i think you can fold. once he's flatted flop i tihnk he'll nearly always flat turn with KJ, JT, AK.

but why did you play the rest of the hand like that??
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      Ok, So I Realize My Bad Play -

Only way i can justify my turn bet - is a semi-block bet, hoping he will flat call with a worse King or fold a lesser hand -- baring in mind, although an 800 bet isn't really relative to stack size's (and i agree that online, i would most likely bet larger but at this particular tournament, which i've played a few weeks, its pretty standard to et the same amount on flop + turn if you have a big hand)

anyways, i was routeing for him to flat call then i was willing to c/c the river..

i folded to the re-raise and mucked my AK face up to show him i had a premium hand after tanking for 5mins, and he showed me AQ (phewwwwwww) thankfully i outlasted him :P and finished 3rd overall :)

thanks for the reply's and for pointing out my bad play, even though i realize the play i made was terrible - but c'mon, who wants to go bust first hand of a live tourney :(
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sabo999
      i folded to the re-raise and mucked my AK face up to show him i had a premium hand after tanking for 5mins, and he showed me AQ (phewwwwwww)
      Nice fold sir! :D

thankfully i outlasted him :P and finished 3rd overall :)
      Nice recovery, well done!