$2,13
      BB:
      $2,43
      UTG2:
      $2,90
      Hero:
      $12,26

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 5:diamond: , 4:diamond:
      UTG2 calls $0,10, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,10, SB calls $0,05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,40) 8:spade: , J:heart: , 4:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0,40) 9:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0,20, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0,20.

River: ($0,80) A:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0,50, UTG2 raises to $1,00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2,30

Preflop I called cause I misread utg2's stack, I thought I'm plyaing against a big stack and my implieds are good + I have the button.

Everybody checks to me twice so I try to make a stab at the pot (too small I guess, the board is ugly connected)
      On the river I thought that ace is a nice scarecard to fire another bullet.
  • 4 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      In 4way pot, I think it's best to check fold down to the river with bottom pair, no kicker.

Very often someone will hold one of the other pairs and won't bet themselves, but will call a bet. You won't get called by a worse hand, so it's pure bluff.

I don't think it's very profitable to bluff into 3opp on a limped pot, as anyone can have anything.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I check/fold all streets.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      yep, with this kind of hand you want a flush, straight, 2pair kind of hand. If you want to stab at the pot(not recommended), do it on the flop ip.

The turn makes the board very drawy and you have no FE, just because they dont bet, doesnt mean they dont have some kind of hand. The A looks like a good scare card but 1.he could have an A 2.he could have 2pair or better and 3.fish like to slowplay monsters.

How many tables do you play? It looks like you are card dead and try to play crappy hands. Maybe you should try opening another table.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Imo board is too coordinated to take stab on the turn.
      Probably c/f is fine line to take, sometimes you´re ahead and win pot without betting.