How does comming here affect your game?

• Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      If you are posting in this forum (Downswing Reports) regulary or rarely, how does posting here affect your game afterwards?

You can answer what you know, what you think or what you think you know.

I'm just curious.

Im asking about the Downswing Reports forum.
  • 5 replies
      Bronze
      I made a blog here, and I post hands in the evaluation section.

It has improved my game by %100.

one small example is a prob I was having with heads up...

I was able to specifically ask for help on my blog and in the evaluation section and based
      on the advice I received I am kicking ass and taking names in that department.

The articles and videos do help... but they do not help as much as when it is something
      you specifically have played or a question you need to have answered.

I think that is one of the best things about posting...

You can hone in on what it is you are having trouble with and the community
      and the hand judges and people reading your blogs will help you out in a heartbeat.

Thanks again everyone.
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      Well the success story forum motivates me a lot more , but i always find someone who has suffered much harder from badbeats etc here and that keeps me motivated too :b
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      When I have a big downswing, e.g. when probability plays against me (e.g. I go all-in being called and being 95% ahead and loose in 3 times in a row), I usually go here and post here :)

And sometimes, I try to give some advise and encouragement to players who suffered their first downswing.
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      It helps a lot. To me, and I think for a lot of people the most effective way of learning something is actually "teaching" it. I know this from school because I peer tutor other students in electronics engineering, and my average is over 90%.

By coming here, posting on the forum, encouraging others with bad beats or just giving advice, we reinforce our knowledge, gain confidence, and justify our downswing at the same time. To me it works like a reset switch after a loosing session, the next day I come back with a clear mind leaving my losses behind.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Personally, I dont think I post in the downswing forum.

When I lose a couple of buy-ins Im interested more in finding out what I did wrong (Hand analysis forum) than telling everyone how unlucky I am.

I like to read the success forum more than this one because it motivates me to play.