[NL2-NL10] nl4 AKo MP2

• 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Nice fold, nothing much to do here. I fold my AK also vs such NITs! Sometimes if I am IP I call them and have an easy decision on flop if no TPTK -> then easy fold :P Lets see what judges advice about the hand.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      When MR tight does it again, then he is likely not that tight as you think.
      I´m happy to 4-bet here to 1,5$ and call shove.
      Fold is also fine option.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      When MR tight does it again, then he is likely not that tight as you think.
      I´m happy to 4-bet here to 1,5$ and call shove.
      Fold is also fine option.
      Mr.Tight refers to myself actually xD

I dont understand the reasoning behind 4-bet and call shove.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      When you face re-raise and you´re oop with AK it is good to 4-bet, since it is hard to get paid if you hit your tptk (and you miss 2/3 times).
      AK would like to see all 5 cards and people don´t re-raise you taht light if they can see that you´re going all-in there with AK, which are way behind only against AA and KK.
      Since your hand is too strong to fold I prefer getting all-in, since you have fold equity to TT, JJ, maybe another AK and QQ, but you shouldn´t shove to balance that with 4-bet bluffs which you´re making to fight back agaionst aggressive players and you´re also 4-bet/calling there with QQ+
      So they can´t put you on AK and shove any pp.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      ...but you shouldn´t shove to balance that with 4-bet bluffs which you´re making to fight back agaionst aggressive players and you´re also 4-bet/calling there with QQ+
      thnx,

call me stupid but I didnt understand this part =S
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      ...but you shouldn´t shove to balance that with 4-bet bluffs which you´re making to fight back agaionst aggressive players and you´re also 4-bet/calling there with QQ+
      thnx,

call me stupid but I didnt understand this part =S
      4-bet bluff: - you´re re-raising (4-bet) with hand that you opened but don´t want to go all-in pf, like T9s, but you also don´t want to fold, so you´re turning your hand into bluff against re-raise (3-bet)
      That´s for you shoudl also make 4-bets as your standard line with strong hands that player could shove with worse hands and AK is strong hand
      Can´t explain it any better.