STAY HUNGRY. STAY FOOLISH.

• rasst
      rasst
      Bronze
      Hello everyone!

It's popular nowadays to write blogs and document your progress or regress in some cases (hopefully i will be doing the former) in the popular online resources like PokerStrategy.

About me: software developer with more that 5 years experience in IT industry. Programming is my passion and in the future i plan to move to game development industry. So if you have any IT related stuff or questions you would like to discuss feel free to drop by.

Now back to business.

I have been playing online poker since i turned 18 and haven't had any success until now. The reason for that could be that i have never considered poker as a career. I have played holdem/omaha cash games/tournamets/sngs. I didn't care about winning. It was fun just the way it was.

But things have changed, i regret that i have wasted so much time by simply playing poker because it's fun without having any clue about how to win at this game.

Now straight to the point. I would like to join Spin Legends but for the reasons explained above i would be rejected if i tried to apply.

I have read somewhere in the forums that 2k spins are recommended to play before sending application. But as i have a full-time job it will take me pretty long to finish so many tourneys. But it does not seem like there is any other option.

Plan

1000 $0.25 spins
      500 $1 spins
      500 $3 spins

--------------------------
      2000 spins in total

As i have enough bankroll to play 100s i don't think it should be a problem to move up in limits cuz right now playing at 0.25s seems like a waste of time (too soft).
  • 7 replies
    • rasst
      rasst
      Bronze
      I'll try to post updates after each session.

Before creating blog i have already played 221 tourneys.

So current progress is: 221/2000

Overall graph:

• FlyingDutchm1n
      FlyingDutchm1n
      Bronze
      Good luck will follow!
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello rasst,

Looking forward to reading how you get on in the coming months :f_thumbsup:
      Also just started to grind the 25¢ :f_drink:

My regards and good luck in your goals.

Matt
    • rasst
      rasst
      Bronze
      Thanks guys! And good luck to You too.

Progess UPD: 254/2000

Just looking at the graph scares the hell outta me cuz it just says that a downsing is coming.

Or is it possible to preserve 150 chipsEV over big sample?

• rasst
      rasst
      Bronze
      Hard to stay motivated while playing smallest buy in.

Either way... won't be able to put any decent volume this week as i need to work overtime.

Progress UPD: 271/2000 spins.

• rasst
      rasst
      Bronze
      Hello my friends!

I'll start with the graph as it should explain what has been happening past days. Low volume and bad run. But both of these things have been expected. I did my best to play at least this many spins.

Progress UPD: 333/1000 0.25¢ spins

The good news is: event though i am running bad now i feel like i am in control of my game and feeling ok even while loosing. But have to admit that at some point had to quit the session because was a little bit pissed at myself for playing bad in some spots.

Another irritating thing is that EV line obviously does not include spots where villain completes on the river. To fix this shoving on the turn might be an option but that would make a lot of weaker hands folding before the river and is -EV in the long the run perhaps? That would make red line go up as well by the way right?

Wish you all the best of luck at the tables!
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I wouldn’t care to much about the red line in a 25c Spin & Go games, because it’s difficult to get fishy players of the hand in the first place.

Further I wish you all the best to complete 2k Spin & Go’s :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987