FL Win rate

• irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      Hi Guys,

I just wondered what is considered a good solid win rate for FR FL games? More specifically at $0.10/0.20? Also when you say BB/100 please specify if you mean Big blinds or bets :D

Also I understand to take a win rate into account you really need at least 5K hands.

TIA
  • 5 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      hi irregularity;

2-3 BigBets/100 hands is possible long time winrate on micro FR, but anything >1 BB is good winrate due to variance, learning curve etc.

just one correction: you need much more than 5k hands to think about true win rate: even 10k is not enough for anyone. 20k+ hands can be samplesize, but 50k+ breakeven period is possible too // maybe not at 0.1/0.2, but still...

Good luck at the tables
    • PokerHammer
      PokerHammer
      Bronze
      Don't even bother looking at your BB/100 until at least 50,000 hands.

Just concentrate on your game and don't worry too much about how much you're winning or losing. As your game improves the winrate will take care of itself.

My winrate so far this year at Full Tilt 5/10 is 1.4bb/100 over 87,000 hands, but for the first 40,000 hands I was losing at 0.7bb/100. So you can see that it changes a lot very quickly.

Oh, and by the way, I grabbed that $50 bonus offer for Mansion and played a few thousand hands at the micros on ipoker. I'm shocked at how tight the games are at .10/.20 these days. I would really advise the new fixed limit players at the micros to internalize the bronze strategies as quickly as possible. Use the bronze charts and even raise your bluffing frequency against the nits.

Definitely get an understanding of three bronze articles. "Flop Textures", "Heads up on the flop" and "Odds and Outs".
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      They are tight because there are mostly PS.com players with their 2nd starting capital :rolleyes:

And I don't know what you were playing, but it's not tight at all... It's loose as hell.
    • PokerHammer
      PokerHammer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      They are tight because there are mostly PS.com players with their 2nd starting capital :rolleyes:

And I don't know what you were playing, but it's not tight at all... It's loose as hell.
      Must have been the time of day I was playing. Most of the games that started loose soon became 20% VPIP tables filled with TAGs and a few semi-maniacs. Not many loose-passives at all.
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerHammer
      Originally posted by CoreySteel

Must have been the time of day I was playing. Most of the games that started loose soon became 20% VPIP tables filled with TAGs and a few semi-maniacs. Not many loose-passives at all.
      I have noticed it varys a lot throughout the day. Just looking at the players/flop, sometimes I get 6+ tables over 30% at other times you are lucky to get 2 over 25%. Which is why I like playing at more than one site!