Profitable?

• Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Hello everyone I'm new here :)

I got a little question.

I started play fixed limit 0.10-0.20 when I got my start capital just to try it out, (I normally play SnG).
      And after a few thousand hands I am down a bit.

My question is how can this be profitable on micro stakes? I play by the starting hands chart right now and everytime (or almost everytime) I get like JJ,QQ,KK there are ALLWAYS atleast 5 other players in the pot, and almost allways someone hitting straight/set/flush and so on.

Am I doing something wrong on my play or is it like this :) ?

/H
  • 5 replies
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      If you have played SNGs in a large volume, you should understand varience! That is all it is IMO, just keep plugging away, working at your game.
      Why not post some hands and see if you are leaking bets?
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by irregularity
      If you have played SNGs in a large volume, you should understand varience! That is all it is IMO, just keep plugging away, working at your game.
      Why not post some hands and see if you are leaking bets?
      Well, I know about varience but it's like if I raise for example AA there is allways 5-6 players in the pot, and everyone is calling with everything! should I fold AA all the time unless I flop a set? allso when I have like JJ/TT and there is again 4-5 peopel in the flop if there is any king/queen/ace on the flop I can be sure that I'm beat.

0,02/0,04 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K (Comment)
      3 folds, MP2 calls, 3 folds, SB calls, Hero raises, MP2 calls, SB folds.

Flop: (5,00 SB) 4, T, A (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets, MP2 raises, Hero calls.

Turn: (4,50 BB) 6 (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets, Hero calls.

River: (6,50 BB) 2 (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 6,50 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kc Ks)
      MP2 shows two pairs, aces and sixes (As 6s)

MP2 wins with two pairs, aces and sixes (As 6s)

Here for example peopel are calling with any Ace, maybe I should fold my kings here?
    • qwery1
      qwery1
      Bronze
      Hi Heffron89,

I understand you, what you mean :-). I am profitable on FL and I start from $0.05/.10 and climb up, therefore is possible to be profitable and when you compare risk/reward ratio for example with nl cash game its like 10:1 for fl.

FL is different game than SNQ and NL, value of high pairs decreased and draws are more playable there. In SNG and NL most of the time top pair of overpair win. In FL average winning hand is two pair and higher because most of the time when you have flush or oesd you can call with very good pot ods.

Your hand:
      I think I fold flop on lower stakes because a lot of these players play any (and I mean any) Ace.

Its possible call down (like you play it) if you have a read on him he try bluf sometimes, but on these stakes not so usual.

If you are interesting about FL more, you can write me message thru community modul and we can make one session together or talk more about that thru icq or skype or mail.

Be bless and have fun, qwery1.
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      Raise more with AA, KK if you sit at a very loose table. In general on a loose table play very tight, and raise very aggressively when you are ahead. If you have a medium made hand, play for pot control. Just my $0.02.

Oh and for Fixed Limit, it is very common to chase draws and pairs:)
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      I see :) really thanks for the answers and Qwery1 it would be real nice to talk FL with you :) )!