Spin & GO adventure!

• Daggystyle
      Daggystyle
      Bronze
      Hello! My name is Dag, I just startet today playing spin and go's, 1$ buying with 55$ bankroll.

I will post daily graphs of my winning and losses, and to start of this thread is my first day in the spin and go world.

I'm monotabling at the moment until I feel confident enough to increase my tabling. First day went pretty horrible, so if anyone can give me some strategy tips that is viable I really appreciate it!
  • 5 replies
    • Daggystyle
      Daggystyle
      Bronze
      First day
    • Daggystyle
      Daggystyle
      Bronze
    • krugger3000
      krugger3000
      Bronze
      Good luck on your spin and go adventure ! I'm having the same one at the moment. I'll follow your progression and share my thoughts.

If you don't feel confident enough on the 1$ you should maybe switch to the 0,25$ ? Those ones are quite soft and you can still win decently if you plan on playing the same volume everyday. Winnings aren't huge but this way you can play a lot more without investing much of your bankroll. Starting with 200 x 0,25$ buy ins is much more comfortable than 55 x 1$ buy ins.
      I assume you are not very experimented, maybe using a less aggressive bankroll management would probably be a better idea for the start.

Second advice would be using EV stats on your tracker. You can download them from pokertracker's website. The ones that are used in spin and go are evROI (spin and go) wich is a representation of your expected ROI (using the yellow line rather than the green one). And cev/tourney wich is the expected amount of chips won per spin. I'm not ultra familiar with those stats yet but what I understand is that they represent what you should have won/lost according to your equity and odds. When you do a good move but the opponent won because of luck, the stat will stay positive. In the same way, if you make bad moves but still win a lot, the stats will remind you that this is not a long term winning game. Sorry if i'm not clear, some other experimented players could probably explain that in a better way. Also you should look at ITM% (number of times/100 you win the spin and go) and evITM% (works the same as ROI and evROI)

If you haven't seen them yet, There are 2 series of videos about beginner strategy for spin and gos on the site, made by Collin Moshmann. You should definitely watch them. There are also a few other people doing some spin and go blogs and hand reviews on this forum.

Hope that helped !
    • Daggystyle
      Daggystyle
      Bronze
      Thanks for all the info! I would use evROI, but i'm currently just on a PT4 trial so i can't use customized stats yet. I will check out the videos and strategies you mentioned, thanks!

I also followed your advice and went down to 25c spins! I'm going to follow your blog as well, good luck!
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      How it’s going with your Spin & Go adventure on the moment?
      Further I wish you all the best with improving your game :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987