looking for NL50SH PARTYPOKER player to discuss this certain limit on this certain site

• Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Hi there, as it seems that I am very much overbankrolled I have to, in my own good, move to NL50SH. Therefore I'm looking for someone to discuss with the differences on NL50SH (on Party Poker).
      thats pretty much all for the beginning :)
  • 9 replies
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      I'm playing there. But I might have to drop down again soon, variance is hitting me big for the first time at nl sh.
      You played nl25 sh before this I assume?
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      indeed, NL25.

did you play NL25 on party also? how are those limits different?
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Yeah, I played NL10 SH on Stars and NL25 SH on Stars and Party, and just a little bit on FullTilt.

As far as the differences concern, I don't think there are a whole lot to be honest. The biggest difference for me personal is the change in betting amounts. I'm having some trouble to really get used it and play as comfortably as I did at NL25. I've played 5k hands now at NL50.
      Other than that I feel like there are a bit more aggressive players and some players that are better than the best players at NL25. But this is just a small amount of players compared to the whole field. Overall, I think it's pretty much the same.

But since you started this thread, I guess you think there are more differences? Or do you just want to know what to prepare for? I don't know whether you already played 50NL or not.

Edit: It seems like you don't want to move to NL50, but have to because your bankroll is getting too crazy to stay at NL25 :D ?? If that's true, don't worry man! Just move up and play the same game you're used too. If you're a winning player at NL25, you will be a winning player at NL50! No worries ... :)
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Im running this month (18k hands) a little bit above 12bb/100, so if it is not upswing than I am a winning player.. its upswing for sure but how much...

I like to hear thats the limits are more less the same, but Im not sure how I will get used to higher aggressiveness, I mean abjusting 4bet range and postflop play against by 3bet from blinds will be called and so on...

you're right, my bankroll is pressing me up :)
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Talic
      Im running this month (18k hands) a little bit above 12bb/100, so if it is not upswing than I am a winning player.. its upswing for sure but how much...

I like to hear thats the limits are more less the same, but Im not sure how I will get used to higher aggressiveness, I mean abjusting 4bet range and postflop play against by 3bet from blinds will be called and so on...

you're right, my bankroll is pressing me up :)
      Ah okay. I've got good news for you :) . There are some players that play more aggressive, both preflop and postflop, but it's really just a few players. And the overall aggressiveness might be a bit higher, but I'm not even sure. If it is, it's just a little bit. The vast majority just plays the same. And you can always switch tables if you're out of position against some aggressive guy that is giving you trouble.

I'm running 12.5 bb/100 for 30k hands at NL25 too. If I include NL10 it's 15.26 over 40K hands. So yeah, it might be an upswing, but it doesn't have to be. It's certainly possible this is your true winrate! And if it is an upswing, it could be just a little one, and your true winrate could be about 9bb/100 or so. The sample is too small to draw conclusions, but don't conclude you're in some huge upswing because you're winning a lot either.

Back to the good news: You don't have to change a thing about the way you play! You can just play exactly the same as you did at NL25 and expect pretty much the same results! (Well of course, you'll always have to bet twice as much :tongue: ).
      Now, of course it's important you keep improving your game. But you don't have to in order to win at NL50. You have to in order to win bigger and to be prepared for higher limits where it will really be needed.

What I think is the most important thing for you is your mental state about your bankroll. I think it's a good thing to be a bit overolled if it makes you'll feel more comfortable. But don't be afraid to loose every now and then. That's what your bankroll is for. I don't know how big your br is, but I suggest you take a couple buyins for NL50. Maybe $150 or $200, up to you. Then you have to look at this amount and think 'it's okay if I loose this' (Because it really is okay). With this amount you go and play NL50. If you do end up loosing it, you can continue playing NL50 if your br allows it and you feel comfortable or just go back to NL25 for a little while.

Just don't think of NL50 as some big change! Probably the only thing that's gonna change is you winning twice as much once you get used to the betsizes.

Hopefully this will get your @ss to the NL50 tables :D , but please stay away from mine ;) .
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Hello Talic, I play on PP, mainly NL25 SH and sometimes NL50, but I can't move to it completely because I had to cash-out regulary, overall I ran 9,5bb/100 over 80k hands on NL25 and on NL50 it's the same winrate for me however I played only 5k hands, so be sure you will be winning there as your winrate is even higher.
      I noticed that there are slightly less fishes and more good regulars, TAGs getting a bit better, for example when I see OOP 3bet from a TAG on NL25 I usually much TT on CO but on NL50 I usually don't, people 3bet a bit more there and try to punish your for cbetting which is fine as it's easy to exploit. Move up man! :)
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      BTW If you use stats and want a load of hh's: http://de.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=214180 :)
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ka0s
      BTW If you use stats and want a load of hh's: http://de.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=214180 :)
      thanks, I alreaddy downloaded those hands and right now I am iporting them (+purging)

today I played 9 tables (NL25+NL50) and it went really good, I like NL50, some players are more moneyscared (weak tight) some are selectively aggresive (better TAGs) and ofc. some are passive donks also.

I lucked out every hand so +3BI of NL50
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      I would like to discuss things more deeply, but I went back to NL25 untill I have a bigger bankroll. Good to see you taking a shot though! Even better it was a profitable one :) .