Stack
      SB:
      $30.40
      Hero:
      $5.61
      UTG2:
      $4.53

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , T:spade:
      2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.20, 5 folds, SB calls $0.10, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.60) 5:spade: , 3:spade: , 9:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.60, SB folds, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($1.80) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.80, Hero raises to $4.81 (All-In), UTG2 raises to $3.73 (All-In).

River: ($10.34) 4:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.34

I think I have a monster draw, right? What exactly was I supposed to do, since I didnt' raise preflop? Very confused about these situations.
  • 3 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      FD + 2 OCs, I think you can play as a monster draw and with monsterdraw you want to put your money in the pot as soon as possible, so I would just check/push flop since UTG has even lesser stack than you do.

As played, you get very good odds on the turn to call, so I would call and continue on the river improved. I don't think there's much value in pushing to a turn raise with only 1 card left to be dealt.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      hello williamtywong,

With a monster draw I take iniative by betting out potsized on the Flop. this way you can maximize your EV :)

ofcourse on the Turn you make a second barrel and if applicable the shove.

As played, the ideal line is taking iniative but letting the opponents in position bet out to steal the pot thus you check/raise on the Flop isn't bad but will result in less EV

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      Thanks Gerv,

What if he acted first and bet out on the flop, do I push at that point?