This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL20 BB Free Play Monster Draw

• williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $30.40
      Hero:
      $5.61
      UTG2:
      $4.53

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , T:spade:
      2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.20, 5 folds, SB calls $0.10, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.60) 5:spade: , 3:spade: , 9:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.60, SB folds, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($1.80) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.80, Hero raises to $4.81 (All-In), UTG2 raises to $3.73 (All-In).

River: ($10.34) 4:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.34

I think I have a monster draw, right? What exactly was I supposed to do, since I didnt' raise preflop? Very confused about these situations.
  • 3 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      FD + 2 OCs, I think you can play as a monster draw and with monsterdraw you want to put your money in the pot as soon as possible, so I would just check/push flop since UTG has even lesser stack than you do.

As played, you get very good odds on the turn to call, so I would call and continue on the river improved. I don't think there's much value in pushing to a turn raise with only 1 card left to be dealt.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      hello williamtywong,

With a monster draw I take iniative by betting out potsized on the Flop. this way you can maximize your EV :)

ofcourse on the Turn you make a second barrel and if applicable the shove.

As played, the ideal line is taking iniative but letting the opponents in position bet out to steal the pot thus you check/raise on the Flop isn't bad but will result in less EV

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      Thanks Gerv,

What if he acted first and bet out on the flop, do I push at that point?