The Limit Blog

• Sendrafreak
      Sendrafreak
      Silver
      Hi guys,

I'm back! Having lost the interest around one year ago, the poker fever struck me again! So I sat down at my beloved limit tables, immediately realising that I had forgotten so many things, but ok, after some days I was able to consolidate myself, and despite some typical limit-specific rollercoasters I was able to collect some bucks and FPPs. So I decided to start a little bankroll challenge, and here we go.

I have three goals:

• Playing Limit Hold'em 6max on PokerStars
      • Climbing up the stakes as quickly as possible. I will use a hyper aggressive bankroll management, which is 200 BB
      • Having fun!

My starting bankroll is $100.31, the first limit being $0.25/$0.50. And now, let's get right into the action!

Best regards,
      Sendrafreak
  • 18 replies
    • Rootsmantilt
      Rootsmantilt
      Bronze
      Hey Sendrafreak,

I've gotten back to playing micro stakes FLH just a week ago. Can't wait to see more in this blog.

GL,
      Nate
    • Sendrafreak
      Sendrafreak
      Silver
      Originally posted by Rootsmantilt
      Hey Sendrafreak,

I've gotten back to playing micro stakes FLH just a week ago. Can't wait to see more in this blog.

GL,
      Nate
      Hi Nate,

thx for your comment! Good luck!
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello Sendrafreak,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Looking forward reading how you get on and good luck. :f_drink:

Regards

Matt
    • Sendrafreak
      Sendrafreak
      Silver
      Originally posted by metalmonkey80
      Hello Sendrafreak,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Looking forward reading how you get on and good luck. :f_drink:

Regards

Matt
      Thank you!

Today, after a long May 1st walk, I was a little bit tired in the evening, so I just played for roughly one hour. I won around 10 bucks, which is 7,3 BB/100. Of course that doesn't mean anything at all, but at least the first day was successful, which is, psychologically speaking, always a good thing!
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      welcome here in the english community & to your own bankroll challenge - may the fourth be with you!
    • Sendrafreak
      Sendrafreak
      Silver
      Pooh, really good players on those limits - wouldn't have thought that in the year of 2017 - had to move down relatively quickly - doesn't look good so far, but we'll see how things will develop. All those equilab calculations I conducted in the past weeks ... all of them don't help if you don't hit your draws on the river.
    • Sendrafreak
      Sendrafreak
      Silver
      Big downswing at the moment, tryin' to fight against it by making tons of notes, playing less tables, etc., but still, if it goes on like this, have to move down even more. Let's see, have to analyse the last lesson, because maybe there are still leaks in my play, who knows. Mindset is okay though, so moving down even further is not an issue. Not at all.

Some hands:

Hand 1:
      -----------

Preflop: Hero is SB with :8c: :9s:
      2 folds, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero calls

Flop: (6 SB) :9d: :Ac: :9c: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero caps, BB calls

Standard. He'll raise on the turn again, so the plan is b/3betT, with one exception ...

Turn: (7 BB) :Ad: (2 players)

Yeahhh, the worst card possible, almost foldable after his bet on check. Of course, you can't (MAYBE he has sth. like KK/QQ etc. but who believes that?) and have to pay him out.

Hero checks, BB bets, Hero calls

River: (9 BB) :2c: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets, Hero calls

Hand 2:
      -----------

Preflop: Hero is MP with :Qd: :Ac:
      Hero raises, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls

Flop: (6 SB) :2s: :9h: :Kh: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls

The BB's donking range is (read-based) is a FD w/o sd value or a weak made hand (which he will not 3bet), so I decide to raise, trying to kick the SB, then re-evaluating on the turn, in a given case also taking a free card if possible.

Turn: (5 BB) :Qh: (2 players)
      BB bets, Hero calls

"Good news bad news" as Bommer used to say. I improve, but he also hits his Flush. His donk does not necessarily mean he has the flush because he also cbets his weak made hands, so I simply call.

River: (7 BB) :As: (2 players)
      BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls

Now hitting 2P (of course still beat by the Flush), but still, he often has a weak made hand, which he will not fold, so I decide to raise. Maybe just calling is better? What do you think?

Hand 3:
      -----------

Preflop: Hero is BB with :Tc: :Ac:
      MP raises, CO 3-bets, 2 folds, Hero calls, MP calls

Flop: (9.5 SB) :Qc: :Jc: :Ts: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks, CO bets, Hero raises, MP folds, CO calls

Turn: (6.8 BB) :3s: (2 players)
      Hero bets, CO calls

River: (8.8 BB) :9h: (2 players)
      Hero bets, CO raises, Hero folds

Not sure about my play, maybe just playing it the passive way might have been better.
    • Sendrafreak
      Sendrafreak
      Silver
      3201 hands
      - $33.68
      $66.63
      1 week
    • Sendrafreak
      Sendrafreak
      Silver
      Goals for week 2:
      -------------------------
      • playing 10% more hands than last week, which is 3201*1,1 = 3521 hands
      • going to the gym twice in the evenings
      • on a grinding day, using the equity trainer at least for 10 minutes
    • Sendrafreak
      Sendrafreak
      Silver
      Monday morning session started sluggishly, but then I was able to get some action from loose players, so that I ended up with a plus of around 8 bucks after 3 hours, which is 4.1 BB/100. Now, I'll do some equity training, let's see how the evening session will run.
    • Sendrafreak
      Sendrafreak
      Silver
      5772 hands
      - $5.68
      $60.95
      2 weeks

Evaluation Goals for week 2:
      -----------------------------------------
      • playing 10% more hands than last week, which is 3201*1,1 = 3521 hands --> 100%
      • going to the gym twice in the evenings --> 50%
      • on a grinding day, using the equity trainer at least for 10 minutes --> 50%

So, as you can see, there is a lot of room for improvement.

Goals for week 3:
      • playing maximum 3 tables
      • on a grinding day, analyzing at least 10 hands of the last lession
    • Sendrafreak
      Sendrafreak
      Silver
      6307 hands
      + $7.22
      $68.17
      3 weeks

Evaluation Goals for week 3:
      • playing maximum 3 tables --> 100%
      • going to the gym twice in the evenings --> 100%
      • on a grinding day, analyzing at least 10 hands of the last lession --> 100%

Everything fulfilled and first "plus week"! I think I'll stick with the a.m. goals. Let's see how it goes next week.

Goals for week 4:
      • playing maximum 3 tables
      • on a grinding day, analyzing at least 10 hands of the last lession
    • Tim128
      Tim128
      Gold
      Nice reaching all your goals!

How has the limit hold'em playing field been like so far?
    • Sendrafreak
      Sendrafreak
      Silver
      Originally posted by Tim128
      Nice reaching all your goals!

How has the limit hold'em playing field been like so far?
      Hi Tim,

thx for the congrats! The playing field is "okayish", which means that that the limit I'm currently playing on is certainly beatable, but even there table selection is a topic and should not be neglected imo, especially if your goal is moving up and not massgrinding. So far I've been running not too great, but as we all know limit 6max is super swingy, so I don't care. I don't put myself under pressure, just trying to give my best and using every opportunity to move up as quickly as possible.
    • Sendrafreak
      Sendrafreak
      Silver
      6233 hands
      + $1.24
      $69.41
      4 weeks

Evaluation Goals for week 4:
      [*] playing maximum 3 tables --> 80%[/color]
      [*] going to the gym twice in the evenings --> 100%[/color]
      [*] on a grinding day, analyzing at least 10 hands of the last lession --> 90%[/color]
      [/list]

Well, wasn't really that great that week, just tired now. No special goals for next week.
      gn8
    • Sendrafreak
      Sendrafreak
      Silver
      926 hands
      + $18.25
      $87.66
      5 weeks

Last week wasn't a very productive one handswise, but at least dollarwise. Still a long way till the final goal, so let's go on grinding. Have a nice week guys!
    • Sendrafreak
      Sendrafreak
      Silver
      6549 hands
      + $46.96
      $134.62
      6 weeks

Up and down, up and down .... almost neverending rollercoasters this week, finally had some luck at the weekend and relatively good tables. Had some phase during the week when I thought

"Hey, Sendra, come on, let's play some NL!"

, but fortunately could withstand this not-so-smart idea! Okay, so many tables avaible, that's true, but this totally boring nitty "I bet - you raise - I fold because you have the kinda nuts and I don't have the odds to call" - games ... who would enjoy that? Never understood why people play this blunt game - does it really make people horny just because they can - all of a sudden - push the All-in-button and thus force the opponent to fold his mediocre hand? Isn't this like if you are a guitarist in a band, say you are within your favourite song and it's your turn to play your beloved solo, but you're not able to because of a power breakdown?
    • Sendrafreak
      Sendrafreak
      Silver
      I'm out! Blog can be closed. Thx.