being readable :(

• DodoGlass
      DodoGlass
      Bronze
      HI all!

I would like to ask you something.

the worst thing is when you became easy readable for your opponents, right?

then you can get only blinds with hand like AA beacuse everybody fold to your raise.

so, the question is how to play without being readable?

if on each side I am listening - the best what you can do, is to stick SSS ( starting hand chart and so on..) but I think if someone stickt to something, as the time goes everybody will notice that, or?

thanks to advices and opinions!
  • 3 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      SSS is the most readable strategy ever. No way around that.
      However, if you play it you need to stick to starting hands chart.

If you want to be more unreadable play BSS.

But I also have people folding a lot to KK and AA and other things. This is just the way it is. Even though it happens I do not loosen up and start raising hands which might get me in trouble. The reason is quiet simple:

If I have a good hand and raise, chances are low that villain has a better hand which is why I raise. If I randomly raise hands to soften my image chances are higher that villain will call me with good hands, but will still continue to fold his weak hands.

I don't think table image has that big of an impact on lower limits. I raised 3-4 times ones, noone really called. People just stick to their strategies, if they have any, religiously and don't play vs other players and just stick to playing their cards.
    • Meiffert
      Meiffert
      Bronze
      In my opinion the short stack strategy works so well even on higher limits and against decent players because they don't have implied odds against you while they still have them against each other.
      Because you are short-stacked, you don't play hands like small pairs or suited connectors. You need to win a lot if you hit with these hands and with short stack it isn't possible.
      On the other hand if you raise, get one caller and another guy behind him has something like small pocket, he wants to play it. If he hits his set (he has about 1/8 chance of that), he can stack the first caller. Hence his call is good and he doesn't really care that you have him beat 7 times out of 8. He expect to give up the hand 7 times out of 8 anyways.

That's why other players are forced to play 'badly' against you. Their best play is +EV for you.

If for some reason you tried a strategy as strict as SSS is in say a heads up play or in a game where everyone has the same stack as you, it couldn't work for exactly the reasons you have in mind (everyone would play optimally against you).
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I play BSS and I get blinds with AA too. Better that than losing my whole stack with a slowplay.