Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $29,18
      BB:
      $34,17

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:diamond: , 9:spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,00) 3:spade: , 4:heart: , 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,42, BB calls $1,42.

Turn: ($4,84) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $3,20, Hero raises to $6,40, BB raises to $10,00, Hero calls $3,60.

River: ($24,84) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4,00, BB raises to $16,76, Hero calls $12,76 (All-In).

Final Pot: $58,36

just for the folks around... this is how you play monster and you let it seems like a bluff

opponent has KQ
  • 8 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      It seems like you have no questions about the hand.:D
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkonebg
      It seems like you have no questions about the hand.:D
      yes, I dont :) I'm just proud on the hand :)
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Lol this line smells, I'd instafold any medium hand on the turn to that minraise.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Balanarm
      Lol this line smells, I'd instafold any medium hand on the turn to that minraise.
      not at all. you have to think more in depth.

he saw me doing 80% c-bets so he just called me on the flop, on the turn I gave up and he bet it. but I knew he has air to I re-raise it, now he's thinking..ok he knows that I have the air but he has air also, he checked turn! so I re-raise gain!

and on the river I was representing the K (he was sure I didnt have it, what why I bet it) and he shives it..

this hand is just a masterpiece, masterpiece
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Talic
      Originally posted by Balanarm
      not at all. you have to think more in depth.

he saw me doing 80% c-bets so he just called me on the flop, on the turn I gave up and he bet it. but I knew he has air to I re-raise it, now he's thinking..ok he knows that I have the air but he has air also, he checked turn! so I re-raise gain!

and on the river I was representing the K (he was sure I didnt have it, what why I bet it) and he shives it..

this hand is just a masterpiece, masterpiece
      I disagree, I havn't ever seen people check-minraise turn as bluff after cbetting flop on such boards, if you suspect him floating the you just 2nd barrel or sometimes c/r big. Believe me or not, I'd always fold there, you just got absolute fish opponent, which is of course juicy :D
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      I HAVE seen people c/miraise turn as a bluff, anyway DONT ARQUE WITH SOMEONE WHO IS PLATINUM!!! you just ruined my whole good feeling about the hand
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Omg, I hope you are kidding about status :-) Ok sure, I just didn't like the line, but if it works for you maybe I should try that too.
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Talic
      I HAVE seen people c/miraise turn as a bluff, anyway DONT ARQUE WITH SOMEONE WHO IS PLATINUM!!! you just ruined my whole good feeling about the hand
      haha lol @ status comment. it always depends on what your opponent is like. in this case that line made him click . A lot of ppl bet this flop with a set to disguise their hand and since you cbet a lot of course you will cbet this board and a good opponent will call or even raise you if he has a read on you cbetting too much. But afterwards he would expect you to 2nd barrell or if you check raise him to check raise him big and not minraise assuming he hasn't seen you do that a lot. he played wrong as he tried to bluff you without any clues and invested so much in that hand which wasn't even a semi bluff.

if you have air and you know he has air you would 2nd barrell.. check raising him is more expensive for you so more often it's not a bluff.

anw just my thoughts. congrats for the hand

p.s: your thinking works better for tournament play when every hand counts more