[NL2-NL10] NL100, QQ, fold preflop

• burek2000
      Known players:

0,5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $3,50, MP2 raises to $38,20 (All-In), 5 folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8,50

MP2's push seemed rather strange overbet and I think I didn't have enough stats to make a reliable 3-bet read which was 6 at the time. On the other hand also MP1 wasn't too loose player, so I decided not to risk my increased stack here... ...should I have done it?
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      I personally would fold because
      1) No reliable stats? -> Stick to Basic SSS -> Fold
      2) Terms of equity/deadmoney you need to have 46.5% break-even equity which you have against 2.7% (AK+,JJ+) but the rake will kill you in the end + you never know it is his realistic range.

24bb also makes the decision easier towards the muck but I leave this one open :)

- Gerv
    • ysessa
      fold sounds fine to me just use equilator and you see it by yourself
    • burek2000
      Yeah, I decided to fold here because of lack of sample size, but as I said he's 3-bet was 6 atm, so I could put him on TT+/AQ+ which would make my call profitable, but not if he's got AK+/JJ+, so I had a hard time putting him on right range and decided rather not to risk.

I thought if I could get any info out of his push, because I don't know why would he do it... So, I posted this hand to help me decide on the range, but I know it's risky putting him on few % different ones after 82 hands, so i agree with fold, also why I did it.
    • IngolPoker
      as ysessa didnt judge the thread, i am just going to write sth, too ;)

imo its a matter of which assumptions you make...i would think "why the hell would he shove directly with AA or even KK" and therefore often see him on AK or sth like 99 or TT...... so i would shove