Did i get it wrong?

• Waksie
      Waksie
      Basic
      I've read the guides, watched the videos and passed the guides.

i played like i should be using the starter hands guide, the bet amount and the bankroll management.

been playing for like 4-5 hours, sticking to the rules 98%(like 2 bad hands) of the time and i've lost like 25USD.

i know there are bad swings etc but i really cannot find an end to things. playing the short-stack strategy seems to cripple me since i play on like 3% of the flops [playing on 3-4 tables]
  • 2 replies
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      1) What limit are you starting at?
      2) For SSS, your VP$IP is around 6 or 7% meaning you should be playing around 6 or 7% of the cards that you are getting (they should fall within the SHC)
      3) Are you conti-betting (see the part about playing trash hands vs. 1 opponent), and folding when you are supposed to?
      4) Try putting up some of your hands into the forum for discussion, and see whether you are doing anything wrong.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      What limits are you playing? You should stick to BRM with at least 30 buyins rule. That means:

playing NL4 ($0,02/$0,04) with at least $30 ($1 is minimum buyin)

playing NL10 ($0,05/$0,10) with at least $60

I don't know which limit did you start with but losing $25 is a lot!! for micro limits. I presume you were playing at least NL10 which is not the best idea.

Having just $25 left I suggest playing NL2. But first, go to sleep and stop playing for today. Tomorrow go slowly through the articles. When you finish, do it again. It's doesn't help you if you read it you have to understand it. Take some time with that. After that go on tables and play patiently and don't think about money just about what's the correct play.

SSS works believe me you just have to play by the rules.

Wish you all the luck and good play.