NL10 - SSS - Small Blind limping?

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I'm having continuing difficulties knowing whether it's ever correct to limp-in (complete) as SB when using the SSS.

Would be very grateful for a clear steer.

Does the number of other limpers have a bearing?
      Do you need a minimum hand quality - e.g. small PP or suited connectors?
      Or, should you just never limp in as SB?

If the last statement is correct, would someone confirm that when the strategy guides talk about 'freeplay', it only refers to being in BB and not SB?

Thanks, in confused anticipation...

Tim64
  • 2 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hi Tim64,

The freeplay in the basic articles is indeed the situation when the player is in the BB, not in the SB.

While playing Basic SSS, you nearly never limp in. The one exception I would advise you to allow is when having pocket pairs in the SB, in that case, if you have 3+ limpers before you, you can complete the blind. You can actually limp in with PPs from any late position with 3 limpers before you.

You want to hit a set on the flop here, and if you don't you simply fold on the flop.

There are other exceptions for suited connectors and the like, but I advise you to use only PPs in the very beginning. I think you can find out more about this in Xarry's live coaching thread.

Good luck!
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Thanks. That's just what I was after. A nice clear summary. PPs with 3+ limpers it is. Hopefully that should close one of the many leaks :)

Cheers,
      T