Ways to deal with VERY BAD players

• LgWz
      I have massive problems playing at the weekends, specially vs the huge donkey legion. I'll explain:

Early on, I feel I lose a decent amount of chips trying to take a pot with AQ, AK etc, because many limpers make my raise get bigger, then i don't hit the flop and a cbet gets very expensive (and these guys just won't fold to it!). I can't really play anything for set value either, because whenever I limp someone feels raising K9s looks nice. Also, I hate playing monster hands vs many players... AA in a 5 way pot at the flop really doesn't look that good anymore.

At the middle game, I can't steal blinds, because they call me soooo often, if I don't hit the flop a cbet is expensive and there's a good chance the guy won't let his hand go. Resteals always get called, but since I always have the best hand and the pot is nice, it's ok.

At the end game, I can't seem to find a good range to push. It can't be too loose, because I'm more likely to get called than not (overcalls can be quite annoying to get my equity down too), but it can't be too tight because it's a turbo tournament and blinds will eat me alive.

Do you make any adjustments to play vs a load of superdonkeys?
  • 5 replies
    • TheBrood
      Tighten up. Dont bluff. Dont cbet stations. You have no FE.
    • Dickbreakr
      If you're playing with a table of serious donks, I think open shoving AA shouldn't be so bad. There's always that slight chance of a cold deck where someone else has KK, QQ and JJ. The donks won't know you have AA. They will call your shove often with a pretty fair range of pocket pairs thinking that its a flip and any two face cards. There's also gonna be that one guy who will never fold suited ace no matter what.

I never try to tangle postflop with any of these players unless I'm certain I'm ahead, because they are usually ultra aggressive fish. I've seen them raise for value when they were actually raising with a worst hand. Like A7suited top pair when I had top pair top kicker.
    • NickParkes
      IMO play your A-game... if you're supposed to raise, raise... remember how often your c-bets need to work to make it profitable... if you have a noticeable calling station, delay your c-bet for the turn...

In PF mode push tighter into looser players and looser into tighter players... You are going to get more people calling you down, and you will get sucked out... but if you are regularly getting called by worse hands then you can consider yourself in heaven as that is a moneymaking dream...

play solid poker and things will even themselves out...
    • Frakkk
      Do you play SnG's or Cashgame? In CG I usually choose the tables with 20-25% ppl/flop. I tried 30-40% but ran into your problem. It didn't matter what I had or how much I 3bet. There were at least 4-5 people in a raised pot and you know at least one of them hit something, and there is at least two chasing on a connected or 2suited flop that will go to the river at any cost.
      You know that your AK top pair top kicker is worthless in a 5way pot because at least 3 will go to showdown, and more often than not one of them will catch something that beats you.

IMO it is a lot better to have a semi tight table (20-30VPIP avg) with 2-3 loose aggressive/calling stations. That's where I can play my A-game and make profit. On the very loose tables you never know where you are, you have no fold equity, and protecting your hand could mean getting pot comited.
    • Snarf85
      He's talking about SnGs. This is the SnG board...