Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $11,32
      Hero:
      $10,00

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:spade: , K:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0,40, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $1,20, 5 folds, UTG2 calls $0,80.

Flop: ($2,55) 2:club: , 8:diamond: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $2,00, UTG2 calls $2,00.

Turn: ($6,55) 3:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($6,55) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $3,30, Hero calls $3,30.

Final Pot: $13,15

This time it turned out he had a set of nines, but is checking behind this turn better than bet/folding in the long run?
  • 9 replies
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      I'd fire the turn definitely and call a shove (because pot gets big enough by then). TT/JJ/QQ are still in his range and my hand is just too strong to bet/fold or check behind.

Then again, that's probably why I haven't exactly been killing the tables as of late :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      It looks like he is wanted you to bet the turn or just drawing, not really sure. I would consider betting on turn and fold to a raise? Because he could already have a set or hit 2 pairs and he wouldn't raise with worser hand because of the VPIP. Kinda hard situation. Lets see what judges advice.
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      Tight villain raises UTG2 and calls a 3bet from MP2. I assume I am playing TAG and villain knows I am playing TAG, so if villain calls my 3-bet I can't possibly put him on anything lower than TT, because he should know I'm representing JJ+, AK... he can't possibly be calling for set value right?

I don't know why he decides to play pocket nines this way unless there is some history between us.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I like your check on turn, if you'd fire out another one he could call again, and take some more value on river, and also probably you wouldn't bet 1/2 pot on turn as it would look weak comparing to the flop bet. Flop is rainbow and i doubt that he raised UTG+2 FR with something like TJ,67 so you don't need to protect your hand from drawing hands. Btw, i'd bet 1/2 pot on flop.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      After his r/c pf I put him on med pp or AK. KK/AA would prob re-raise.
      AK is eliminated after he calls flop.

On turn he either is slowplaying or going for pot control.

If hes going for pot control why is he betting river?
      TT,JJ doesnt bet this river oop I think. His line looks like a set of Qs.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      He might bet the river with any pp, cause he may also interpret heros check on turn as giving up after cbeting flop with hand like AK. Imo.
    • Macias09
      Macias09
      Bronze
      UTG2 with his set should c/r flop right? What should we do then? 3bet or wait for his turn bet and then push?
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      This tightish guy isnt going to risk a full stack on medium pp imo so if he fires strong at you on multiple streets, he prob has you beat.
      You reraised pf and he just called so he prob fears you have QQ+

What hand is not worth a reraise from him pf but is worth it postflop? set?
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      definetly fire the turn again
      you lose too much value from this players if you not bad . you will get called by worse a lot of times
      gl