This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl50 Kq, Sb

• jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      My first steps on NL50, and lol, it even wasn't that bad as I expected :)
      Need to post some confusing hands.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11.20
      CO:
      $12.55
      BU:
      $58.20

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:club: , Q:diamond: . CO posts a blind of $0.50.
      3 folds, CO checks, BU calls $0.50, Hero raises to $3.00, BB folds, CO raises to $12.55 (All-In), BU folds, Hero calls $8.20 (All-In), CO gets uncalled bet back.

Flop: ($23.40) A:diamond: , Q:heart: , 7:diamond:
      Turn: ($23.40) J:diamond:
      River: ($23.40) A:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $23.40

According to raise:stack ratio it's a fold but he insta pushed and I guess he treated me like a dead money stealer. What do you think?

Jenoc
  • 2 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I would stick to raise: stack ratio against unkown, because he could be trapping with a decent hand and therefore you need enough equity...

...or shove anyway and make a note. ^^
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Jenoc

check/3bet as CO poster is often a trap as I do it sometimes as well =D

Folding is okay but calling here you have to ask yourself: 'What's his check/3bet range as poster??'

It can be very wide but even with KQ, it is sometimes not good enough. Ofcourse the only hands you should be worried about is KK+,AK & AQ, the rest you can beat + I like to know why he played like this.

Best regards,
      Gerv