[NL2] Is that a good situation to bet 3 barrels?

• kappozo
      kappozo
      Bronze
      Hey guys, maybe could I even shove on the river to get more value on the long run? I don't put the villan on a full house because I guess a full house would be raise the flop or turn.

Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 3070477
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $2.00
      SB: $0.78
      BB: $5.44
      UTG: $2.01
      MP: $6.78
      Hero (CO): $4.38

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with T :heart: K :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.15) Q :heart: 3 :diamond: A :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.08, BTN calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.31) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, BTN calls $0.18

River: ($0.67) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.38, BTN calls $0.38
      8 :heart: 9 :heart:
  • 7 replies
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Silver
      I think we should give up on that turn card. Gutshot is not good enough for 2 barrels OOP in this situation, imo. We have alot of better draws and made hands to barrel with. As played, I would check/fold the river because I doubt we will get alot of folds from better hands. Probably Ax is still calling on these stakes, and he could have a flush aswell. I don't think that's a good situation for an overbet because he is not capped to TP + who knows does he even fold that vs an overbet.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Don’t forget you are playing on NL2 as well and off course we don’t know much of our villain, but in general is folding not 1 of the qualities of the players there.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • kidzoltan
      kidzoltan
      Bronze
      If your opponent has an A I doubt he is folding, and also the flsuhdraw completed. I think it's better to give up here.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Silver
      Flop: This is a 1-barrel board partly to set the prize (small) for our gutshot, and partly to rep the A.

Turn: He called, and the turn is a blank. This is not an automatic show-stopper, but I'd stop.

River: A bluff is bad for several reasons. But worst of all is to shove. At least, you need to hold :Kh: to do that.
    • kappozo
      kappozo
      Bronze
      Thank you guys, I was holding a T:heart: and a K so I was blocking some K in his range so I thought was good that 3 barrel on the river and I had no showdown value. But I'm playing NL2 and everyone says that there is no need these moves on NL2 so I'm trying not to bluff too much in this limit.
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Bronze
      I totally agree that we should bet once and give up. We cannot improve much and all hands that call flop will call turn and river.
    • antegamisu4
      antegamisu4
      Silver
      yeah i agree with what's been mentioned also, it's nl2 so it would be impossible to make someone fold top pair, or even any pair sometimes. They can have flushes, most Ax chop so one flop stab would be enough imo