very frusterated with the quiz please help*

• crankitup11
      crankitup11
      Global
      hello, im not new to poker. i have been playing for 3 years now. i havent been too good, ive been improving alot where ive got 2nd out of 1500 people in a freeroll and 4th outta 1500 also. ive listened to every article and read them, and some even twice or 3 times, and did the quiz 3 times now, and i keep failing, any tips please?
  • 27 replies
    • slimjimm77
      slimjimm77
      Basic
      i dont know if its a very good tip but if you copy all the lessons to an email or notepad it can save trying to go from page to page on the site .. :D
    • crankitup11
      crankitup11
      Global
      ok so save the texts part from the tips? cus obv cant from the video, i guess that can help a bit, have u passed?
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Theres a big difference between reading and actually understanding whats there.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      ^ I'm with TheBrood.

I too had been playing for several years and running at a slight loss prior to finding PokerStrategy.

I would genuinely suggest you try to put your previous experience/knowledge to one side (not easy, believe me I know! :) ) & focus on the specific strategy that is contained within the guides.

Once you have mastered these strategies, passed the quiz & built up your BR a little, nothing stopping you from incorporating your own knowledge/style of play again.
      You'll probably find like I did however, that there were serious -e/v aspects to my previous style that PokerStrategy have helped me to fix.

Good luck, wishing you every success.

Bart
    • crankitup11
      crankitup11
      Global
      alright ya i agree with you, it is hard to set aside the experience i already know and have PS help me with all the other strategies i didnt know about, ill just view all the video's again and understand them, thank you :) ill let you know if i passed
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      The quiz is about the short stack strategy, so your previous poker knowledge probably doesnt apply to it.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by crankitup11
      alright ya i agree with you, it is hard to set aside the experience i already know and have PS help me with all the other strategies i didnt know about, ill just view all the video's again and understand them, thank you :) ill let you know if i passed
      Yes videos are good too, but concentrate on the supplied strategy guide that is related to the quiz you chose, everything you need (e.g. what action to take when in certain table positions etc) should be contained within there.

From memory there was a choice of NL/ FL / SNG or something similar, but may have changed since I took it.

Don't panic, you have a few attempts (believe 5) to pass before it blocks you.

Good luck buddy, you can do it ;)

Bart
    • crankitup11
      crankitup11
      Global
      thanks :) im trying, i got like 1 or 2 attempts left, im sure im getting closer. theres just 1 question where im very confused about! here it is :)

[edit: No discussing quiz questions on the forum]
    • crankitup11
      crankitup11
      Global
      this is also a question thats very questionable. help needed please, just help, dont have to give the answer :)

[edit: no discussion quiz questions on the forum]
    • Tklimas
      Tklimas
      Bronze
      You can always Google for answers :tongue:
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi crankitup11,

Please don't discuss quiz questions on the forums. This is against the board rules.

If you have problems with the quiz I can only suggest remembering the questions you were uncertain on and trying to find the answers in the articles. If you answer according to what the articles say - the quiz is very easy.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • crankitup11
      crankitup11
      Global
      alright i understand admin, sorry about that. ill try googling as that other guy said too :)
    • crankitup11
      crankitup11
      Global
      alright well i finished the quiz :) then i went to do something, and someone i dont know who, some one from my family put all this messed up false info and saved it to some username thats not even mine, so how do i restart it again and select the real info to put it to my actual username account
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      ok, i'll admit that i lol'd reading that
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      alright well i finished the quiz :) then i went to do something, and someone i dont know who, some one from my family put all this messed up false info and saved it to some username thats not even mine, so how do i restart it again and select the real info to put it to my actual username account
      Hello crankitup11,

If there is wrong info in your account please write a ticket to our support (http://www.pokerstrategy.com/help/) telling them which info to correct. They will then do this.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • crankitup11
      crankitup11
      Global
      lol dont be lol'ing at my post! lmfao im very mad at them, and ok i said everything was wrong so...
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      lol dont be lol'ing at my post! lmfao im very mad at them, and ok i said everything was wrong so...
      Hello crankitup11,

I saw that you told them everything was wrong, but this isn't going to help make it right. You have to write a ticket in which you tell them the correct data so that they can correct it.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • crankitup11
      crankitup11
      Global
      alright then
    • crankitup11
      crankitup11
      Global
      lol wow 219 views, :D well my computer is having problems and so am i with my credit cards and stuff.. so i hope i can change it and get the prize after i supply my real information. i will probably have it all ready by mid march.. admin.. is this ok? will i still get the prize??