Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $10,05
      Hero:
      $28,30

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 2:spade: , 2:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,35, SB raises to $1,30, BB folds, Hero calls $0,95.

Flop: ($2,70) J:club: , K:club: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,75, Hero raises to $7,95, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6,20

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, deuces (2s 2c)

Hero wins with three of a kind, deuces (2s 2c)
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I would raise it to $3.50 or something and shove turn.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Im not sure you should call his raise pf.

Its very hard for a worse hand to call your huge raise on flop.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      fold to his raise preflop . is not profitable to call for set value . you will lose money on the long run by folding a lot of flops
      as played raise smaller on the flop in order to induce a raise from a draw or K .
      you dont want to maximize your folding equity when your hand is so strong in a 3bet pot
      gl
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      And from which raise are we talking about what are profitable, going for set value? 3x max?
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      And from which raise are we talking about what are profitable, going for set value? 3x max?
      Ideally you want to shove the turn, because if you wait for the river he might miss his draw and fold. But sometimes pot is too small to shove turn, in that case shove river. Of course some boards are too dangerous and you must go for pot control sometimes.

So your flop bet should take in account stack sizes and you mustnt scare him out but dont give him good odds either. In this example I prob bet like $5.95 on this flop so that I can shove turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Originally posted by veriz
      Ideally you want to shove the turn, because if you wait for the river he might miss his draw and fold. But sometimes pot is too small to shove turn, in that case shove river. Of course some boards are too dangerous and you must go for pot control sometimes.

So your flop bet should take in account stack sizes and you mustnt scare him out but dont give him good odds either. In this example I prob bet like $5.95 on this flop so that I can shove turn.
      I am actually talking about preflop... which raise can I call when I am planning for going set value.