Buy-in and bankroll question

• Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello there!

I am currently playing 0.05/0.10 cash games NL SHH. The min. buy-in is 1$, the max. buy-in is 10$. How much money should I pay? I usually pay 10$ so I have an advantage over players with less money and so I can bet the biggest possible ammount when I hit the full house, poker or straight flush, etc. But if I followed the bankroll management and therefore require 30 buy-ins to play the game, I would need 300$? That's kind of wierd... So what should I do and why?
  • 2 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      10 dollars buyin is if you play according to Big stack strategy, but if you don't have the reguired bankroll to play big stack strategy i'd suggest you to either move down the limits, or start playing as a shortstack, never buy in other weird amounts like 5 dollars and so on, cause with such amounts you gain all disadvantages of BSS and SSS.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello Primzi,

Bankroll management is one of the most important aspects of poker. Without at least 20+ full stacks of a limit you are risking going broke at any time. This is why we recommend players to play short stack strategy with our starting capital - since it allows them to play with 25 SSS buy-ins at NL10 ($2 at Full ring tables).

Using the SSS you can then build a bankroll with which to play BSS (Full Stack). Although you could theoretically try to play BSS at 01/02 cents if your poker platform offers it, it is probably best to start out with SSS.

No matter what you do - make sure you follow bankroll management. I would also suggest posting hands in our hand evaluation area.

Best regards
      SoyCD