Vague Betting question

• irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      At Micro limits the players are generally quite passive, particularly when it comes to betting draws i.e they don't do it :rolleyes:

Does that in effect make it more valuable or even essential to bet your draws?
  • 3 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi irregularity,

I don't see a connection between these two things.
      If they don't bet draw then they hae a stronger hand most of the time if tey bet so you can find easier folds against them.

You bet your draw to get them off a better hand or to win unimproved with a hand that isn't worth going to showdown. Or you bet for value with a very strong draw.

Or do you mean that if they check to you you read it as weakness so you can be more easily? That is true. But if they check pairs as well and if they calldown too much then don't bet all streets against them. Use the bet on the flop for a freecard against them. :)
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      Actually, i do realise now they are seperate entitys. I was just using the old reversal addage, as in if the table plays tight you play loose, doesn't really matter here.

"You bet your draw to get them off a better hand or to win unimproved with a hand that isn't worth going to showdown. Or you bet for value with a very strong draw."

Yea I also realise that the question is kind of pointless as it is all situational/player dependant. Basically I should have just asked if players are capable of laying any hands down at thes limits!
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by irregularity
      Yea I also realise that the question is kind of pointless as it is all situational/player dependant. Basically I should have just asked if players are capable of laying any hands down at thes limits!
      Probably not. But you don't need them to fold a lot better hands if you bet with a draw as you still have outs to improve.
      Often you don't bet to get them off a better hand but just to not get bluffed off your hand.

If you hold JT on a 742 board (you hold a flushdraw) you are ahead against a lot hands but calling down if they bet with J-high is a bit too much. So you bet to get them off 93, 83, J9 etc.. Some better hands as Q3 can be even folded.