Two SSS Starting Hands Charts ?

• 10 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hi dangerous,

I noticed that difference as well, when watching Leo's session review.

I'm pretty sure that the caps RAISE just mean - as you suggest - raise (or re-raise) always, regardless of your how many raises, before or after you.

That's the only interpretation that makes sense to me given they are the two strongest hands. However, I agree that it's uneccessarily confusing and should probably be clarified/fixed.

In the case of QQ, JJ, and AK, I think the correct strategy is contained in the SHC in the Basic SSS article. Namely: you'll re-raise to ONE raise in front of you but not if there are two or more previous raises.

However, if the re-raise is behind you, you either go all in or fold, according to the ratio of your remaining money: your original raise. You'll need to look at the chart that explains it. The chart is on page 5 of the basic article "Which hands to play pre-flop?". In fact, with these three hands (as well as AA and KK), you'll be going all-in no matter what the ratio is, because they're such strong hands.

Confirmation of what I've said by someone more in the know would be helpful.
      -Tim
    • dangerousmind
      dangerousmind
      Bronze
      This clears things a bit, thanks.

-DM
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello guys :)

The most easiest chart I use for the Bronze coachings is this one:
      http://resources.pokerstrategy.com/Editorial/nl/Bronze-shc.pdf

This covers the problem of your question DangerousMind. As an addition it gives a Limp-chart where you can limp 'safely' and accordingly.

The Dutch & German SSS Articles has already been revised thus the strategy is different than the English one and so this chart becomes at some point useless.

I hope this covers your question and good luck!

Gerv
    • dangerousmind
      dangerousmind
      Bronze
      Oh.. another chart :D , I finally see the light.

Always thanks.
    • dangerousmind
      dangerousmind
      Bronze
      One more question

The Amount of limpers in the chart you linked for me:
      3 for 22-66
      4 for Axs
      5 for 76s+

It means that I don't limp if are more that 3,4,5 limpers or exactly 3,4,5 or less ?! I don't get it. And the plus (+) after 76s what dose it mean ?

-DM
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dangerousmind
      One more question

The Amount of limpers in the chart you linked for me:
      3 for 22-66
      4 for Axs
      5 for 76s+

It means that I don't limp if are more that 3,4,5 limpers or exactly 3,4,5 or less ?! I don't get it. And the plus (+) after 76s what dose it mean ?

-DM
      If there are 3 limpers, limp 22-66, if more the better

76s+ means 76s and better so 87,98,T9,JT,QJ ;) the s means Suited so Q:dJ
    • dangerousmind
      dangerousmind
      Bronze
      Thanks again.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hi Gerv,

The chart you've linked seems really useful and I'm wondering why this isn't referenced in the english SSS. The bit about limping seems quite important.

The english basic articles seem to advise never playing these hands (e.g. small PPs etc). So I'm a bit confused, too. :)

Which strategy is the one beginners are advised to follow - the one with limping in with enough callers or the one without?

Thanks in advance,
      T
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      without obviously and the chart was meant to be a bonus for attending coachings ;)

if you want to expand your basic SSS after 10k hands, you can use the limping chart :)
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Gerv,

That's fair enough. Thanks. Must get on to a coaching as soon as possible!

Tim