Best video setup for fast multitabling

• MarsellusW
      MarsellusW
      Bronze
      Hi all,
      I was wondering about the best setup to play many tables without going nuts. Playing in many rooms at the same moment (and in many tables, of course) makes necessary to have enough space. You know, you can put in cascade many tables from a single room and everything is ok, but if you do the same with tables from different rooms, then it is not so smooth.
      Then, I was thinking about how to enlarge my desktop space.
      Is it preferrable a single 24'' (or 27''?) wide monitor, or two (maybe even three?) smaller, non-wide monitors, such as 19'' or 20''? What is best in terms of price? and in terms of performance? What is the opinion of the ones of you who have multiple monitors? thanks :)
  • 6 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      mh basically it´s a matter of taste obv. but imo it would be helpful if you add some more informations. about how many tables are we talking about ? and about how many different poker platforms ? what do you play ? sss ?

furtermore you should be aware of the fact that at least 80% of the advices you get will looks like that: "use xxx. i use it myself and it´s best" ^^

personally i would definately say that 1 huge monitor >> 2 semi big monitors.
      my personal favourite is 1 huge monitor + 1 semi big though ;)
      but as i said: depends :P
      never tried 2 huge monitors :( . ~285000 full tilt points to go -.-
    • MarsellusW
      MarsellusW
      Bronze
      thank you for your answer :)

well obv it's a matter of taste, but let say, given a certain bankroll, what would be the "best" choice?
      2 huge monitors, or 1 huge + 1 semi-big, it's not an option for me (too many $$$), and anyway this solution do not pose issues, since i can always buy a second big monitor when i got one huge (and I still don't, since I have a wide 19'' now).

I play in 4 poker rooms, BSS. I dont play really many tables, usually 10-14 in average. The problem is that tables from different rooms are not smoothly linked, I mean, they do not get focus when they should. So I need more space. I could play 14 tables all in the same room without too many problems, but not 14 tables from 4 rooms. So I want extra space to group tables from the same poker room and put them in cascade. In this way, even playing in many rooms, tables focus would remain coordinated. Then, given what I said, I was asking: is it better to spend $$$ for an huge monitor or the same $$$ for a combination of smaller monitors? And what do you mean with "huge", 24'', 27'', 30''?
      All in all, I simply would like to hear your opinion :)
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      ok let´s see :)
      first of all: when i´m talking about "huge" etc.: it´s basically like this:
      huge: resolution 2500*1600 (30"+ i guess)
      big: 1920*1200 (24"+ i guess ?)
      obviously i´m talking about real wide screen tfts and no crazy 15" notebook panels which have 1920*1200 as well...

if i were you i guess i would buy a 24" (or up to 28" if you find a cheap one. important is that it has at least 24" and 1920*1200) and play on this one + keep the 19" and use it for the lobbys, poker tracker, scripts, maybe some chart or whatever you need to play.
      which pokerrooms are you going to play ? would be nice if there were at least two out of party, full tilt or stars because you can resize tables there and make slight adjustments if you get some space problems.
      imo this would be better than splitting the tables up on two monitors. if you want to tile it´s ok i guess but if you are going to cascade anyway i would definately put it all on one monitor to have short mouse routes and to be able to concentrate on just one point.

i hope i didn´t miss anything because i´m kinda tired. good night :P
    • MarsellusW
      MarsellusW
      Bronze
      very useful advices thank you :)
      i'll go for a 24'' asap, and keep my 19'' on the side
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      I have a 27" on order, should be here next week............yippeeeeeeeeee :tongue:
    • AzUdet
      AzUdet
      Bronze
      I got 2x 22" wide on my comp. and I love them.

But I must say I did not buy them for multi table poker but for online gaming. :) So in the end - not too much advice I can give you.