Green Days - The World Tour

• andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      I've decided to do a blog...............probaly not in keeping with my age group, but who gives a sh!~ :D

I'm so glad I found poker because there is sod-all to do here in Malawi..........especially if you've had Malaria 6 times in 6 months and your body won't let you play much golf anymore.

Anyway i'm grinding away on NL20 ATM.........in fact I stepped up yesterday from NL10 and took down a $38 pot within 20 minutes........now that got the blood racing! Needed a stiff Gin n Tonic after that. (to be honest I got pissed and stopped playing)

Ah, I hear my nurse coming to give me a sponge bath........oh goody :tongue:
  • 96 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      lol Im guessing you're about 60? Good to see ppl older than me in here =)
    • NakiMan
      NakiMan
      Bronze
      Great, another 60+.

Have had malaria (caught it in New Guinea) so know how you feel, keep the winning up plus the gin helps!

Which site do you play at?

Cheers
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NakiMan
      Great, another 60+.

Have had malaria (caught it in New Guinea) so know how you feel, keep the winning up plus the gin helps!

Which site do you play at?

Cheers
      HAHA............Actually I'm only 46, but I have taken such a physical pounding in the last year (I've had Bilhazia, Hepatitis and pericarditis as well as the Malaria)), I wish I felt as young as 60 :D Hey but I am on the mend.........slowly

Currently doing NL10 NL20 on Titan.

You right about the Gin...............
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Hey Andy, nice to see you start a blog, I'll try to keep an eye on it ;) . Good luck with grinding and keep us informed.

PS. I don't know how the gin can possibly help anyone, that's not even a real alcohol!
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Had a Green Day yesterday, only made a couple of $$ though, I was still feeling a bit shakey after my $38 pot from the day before on NL20.

Just as I was getting up to steam my internet (or Titan) started lagging really badly so I decided to stop early and go and abuse my liver at a new Indian restaurant (bringing the grand total of restaurants in town to 3!).

Beer was good, but judging by the smell in the office today the food may not have been.................. :D
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Just played a couple of tables for an hour last night on NL10..........just to keep up my match fitness........

Had a Green Day, once again pretty small, but hey they add up in the end.

Six consecutive Green Days is my current record, gonna try and beat that.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43
      Just played a couple of tables for an hour last night on NL10..........just to keep up my match fitness........

This goal might interfere with your A-game since you will play scared =S
      imo, dont worry about results, just play your best.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood

This goal might interfere with your A-game since you will play scared =S
      imo, dont worry about results, just play your best.
      HI Brood..........I hear what you are saying, and that thought had crossed my mind and you are probably correct, as the articles say 'Treat poker as one continuous session'. My pea brain however likes the thought of going to bed with green numbers as often as possible......... :)
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Couldn't find any tables last night that could hang onto a decent amount of BSSers.

Is it feasable to be the only BSSer at a table full of SSSers?

I found myself basically playing an SSS sort of strategy - just stealing more blinds than usual.

Input much appreciated...................thanx

Anyway had a Green Day, but didn't find the session that enjoyable.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Haven't played much since last Thursday.

A torrential downpour meant I got stuck in the bar at the golf club for a solid 9 hours on Friday, which meant I only regained conciousness on Sunday morning..............

Realized it was BOTD day so played an MTT freeroll for a bit of practice. I used to play MTT often but currently find NL10 more stimulating.

Anyway our team DONKEY PATROL picked up a medal and I picked up some $$ so I'll put that down as a Green Day. Haven't played since...damn work.

Current bankrolls:-
      TITAN start $50 (thanx PS) now $139
      FULL TILT start $0 now $129 ---- Doing the Jesus Fergerson thing, only $9,871 to go
      STARS start $50 (my money) now $61
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Im curious to why you are playing NL10 and taking shots at NL20 with such a small BR.

Also bear in mind that alcohol isnt helping your game, I drink ocasionally but try not to go overboard and get a hangover the next day since I wouldnt be able to play. And I think it prob deteriorates your brain lol
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Hello Brood...........I never play drunk or hungover, which is why I didn't play much on the weekend........just about got my head clear for the BOTD from Friday :D

As for bankroll.....its all relative really and something that I have not seen addressed anywhere on PS now that I think of it..........so......

Why keep money in a non-interest bearing account or in a place where you earn no sort of dividend? And a place that judging by the posts i've read on PS are a bitch to extract your money from - 'easy to deposit, difficult to withdraw' seems to be the recurring theme- although I have never tried.

SO I think it makes sense to leave as little $$ as possible in the poker sites (where they generate interest using your $$). Guys who brag how much $$ they have stashed at Full Tilt or wherever are nuts.....deposit it as it is needed............which is what I'll do If my money at the sites ever runs out.

Finally to answer your question then Brood my bankroll - fortunatley - is no where near as small as it appears..........but thanks for your concern

Cheers :tongue:
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Hello Brood...........I never play drunk or hungover, which is why I didn't play much on the weekend........just about got my head clear for the BOTD from Friday :D

As for bankroll.....its all relative really and something that I have not seen addressed anywhere on PS now that I think of it..........so......

Why keep money in a non-interest bearing account or in a place where you earn no sort of dividend? And a place that judging by the posts i've read on PS are a bitch to extract your money from - 'easy to deposit, difficult to withdraw' seems to be the recurring theme- although I have never tried.

SO I think it makes sense to leave as little $$ as possible in the poker sites (where they generate interest using your $$). Guys who brag how much $$ they have stashed at Full Tilt or wherever are nuts.....deposit it as it is needed............which is what I'll do If my money at the sites ever runs out.

Finally to answer your question then Brood my bankroll - fortunatley - is no where near as small as it appears..........but thanks for your concern

Cheers :tongue:
      Yea my real life BR is way bigger too but I think they are 2 separate things. Plus imo a good grinding at NL5 has improved my game immensely (analyzing hands of course).
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Got stacked the first hand I played last night...........what a Dumb $%^&er I can be sometimes...........see signature below. Villan hit a gutshot and busted my set but blah blah blah boo hoo......who gives a shit right?

So I had a Red Day, but tinged with a Green Lining.........I read the article on Double or Nothing (DoN) SnG's posted here on the sight, never heard of the damn things until I saw this article.

Well Thanx PokerStrat - it's like shooting fish (literally) in a barrel. Won five in a row and I've only ever played one SnG before this.

Go and say Hello to DoN before everybody catches on :D
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I tried those before semi-reading the article, won one and lost one so I came up with a loss for the day because of the rake.

Watch out when you play your first hands at a table, I have lost too, due to not having reads and not being completely awake or in "poker mode" if you know what I mean. I try to tighten up a bit until I get a better feel for the table and get in gear. Or at least respect their bets and raises until I see how they play a few hands.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood

Watch out when you play your first hands at a table, I have lost too, due to not having reads and not being completely awake or in "poker mode" if you know what I mean. I try to tighten up a bit until I get a better feel for the table and get in gear. Or at least respect their bets and raises until I see how they play a few hands.
      Yep........balancing a cup of coffee, trying to plug in the mouse, yelling at the kids, kicking the dog........and going allin first hand.......mmmmmmmm :(
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze

Yep........balancing a cup of coffee, trying to plug in the mouse, yelling at the kids, kicking the dog........and going allin first hand.......mmmmmmmm :(
      LMAO I can imagine that
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      The weekend is bearing down on us..........thank ^&&k

Should be Teeing off in an hour.

Had a Green day yesterday, so once again I'll try put a run of seven Green days together.........have done 6 days 4 times now...damn.

Not much poker planned for the weeknd, but the highlight will be the BOTD on Sunday......

Go DONKEY PATROL :P

Great weekend to all...................
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Won some nice $$ playing NL10 on Saterday. Then I had Sunday off to prepare for the BOTD on Sunday night.

This turned out to be a good strategy because even though I missed the first 1/2 hour of the tourney i was up to 9th place 5 mins before 2nd break.............then this happened... :(

Blinds 200/400
      Hero QQ UTG raise BBX4
      re-raised x 3 by Villan in SB
      Asshole with QQ calls
      Flop
      4 K 10
      SB all in............now wtf could QQ be ahead of here? NOTHING.
      Asshole has a brain fart and calls anyway.
      Villan shows AA
      Asshole at least gets to bed early in 47th place.............

AT least my team Donkey Patrol won the DIAMOND medal for best average finish...........i'd still rather have some $$ though :P

Oh well I will start another run for 7 consecutive Green Days this evening