This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH NL25 - implied odds hand

• spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      BTN: $49.25
      SB: $53.45
      BB: $26.15
      UTG: $26.20
      Hero (MP): $48.70
      CO: $15.60

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP with K :diamond: J :spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, BTN calls $1, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($4.00) T :diamond: 6 :club: Q :heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $2.25, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $2.25

Turn: ($8.50) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.50, BTN raises to $19.75, Hero calls $14.25

River: ($48.00) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $25.70, BTN calls $25.70

i was wondering what the opinion of the judges is for this hand.
      i call on the turn having 5 to 1 with implied odds (assuming he will stack if i hit) . So this play is break even but if i fold on the turn where i know i am beat i am losing the hand and the 9$ i already invested.
  • 3 replies
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      I tell you, c/c or c/f turn

c/r flop possible but I dont like it
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      The money in the pot are not yours anymore. Therefore a fold is always 0 EV.

About the hand.
      flatting flop and then donking turn doesnt make any sense.If you want to raise, do it on the fop while your equity is high.And I would suggest a c/r on fop here.
      If you want to take the passive line, c/c turn also.
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkonebg
      The money in the pot are not yours anymore. Therefore a fold is always 0 EV.

About the hand.
      flatting flop and then donking turn doesnt make any sense.If you want to raise, do it on the fop while your equity is high.And I would suggest a c/r on fop here.
      If you want to take the passive line, c/c turn also.
      i didn't know a fold is always 0 EV. yes i think a c/r on the flop would have been better and a c/c on the turn.

thanks for the comments