Heads Up

• strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      I recently became Platinum and have been enjoying the new articles. Can the information in the heads up articles be applied to heads up (2 max) games as well, or are they specifically for FR/SH?
  • 5 replies
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      HU is a very different game due to the wide ranges and heavy information exchange between the players

I haven't read the articles but I'm guessing they won't apply very well to HU
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Plus, in 2 max games, the BB is out of position, the SB is in position for the hand so I think the dynamic is slightly different - or so I understand?!
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I don't think they really apply to HU, because in HU adaption is way more important than it is in SH/FR.
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Plus, in 2 max games, the BB is out of position, the SB is in position for the hand so I think the dynamic is slightly different - or so I understand?!
      Interesting point. In normal live settings, the BB is on the BU (left of BU pays SB, next pays BB) so normally BB is in position. But I think some online sites, like pokerstars reverse this, so it's something to pay attention to. I never thought about it.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      yes, thats a huge difference too :) you can open much more hands from the SB (close to any two if you're playing in a low rake environment or your opponent is especially bad)