Dustrial224's blog.

• Dustrial224
      Dustrial224
      Bronze
      If you take a look at my rank you'll notice I am not just another BRONZE player anymore. I actually made it to silver! Anyhow, I am increasing to a silver as we speak, as this is my second day here.

I am a poker player since 2 years back, only in my 20's. Not much experience if you compare towards the real poker players on this site.

Why do I want to start a blog here?
      Oh well, this site has so much to offer, I read articles daily to try and increase my bankroll. As my days go by I try to remember how I used to play, and how my bankroll used to look.

By the way I just got nothing out of my A :diamond: K :diamond: as we speak, beacuse I haven't yet learned the ways of the SSS.

So lets start the blogging.

Right now I try to play 10 $ sngs to achieve some points due to the 1$ rake.

As I am new to this, I try to just go in on hands I really feel comfortable with, and that is just what makes me gain some money.

You see I won't say I am good at poker and if someone asks, I always reply with:
      "I don't win due to my skills, I win due to others stupidity".

Yesterday I earned 13 strategy points.

EDIT:
      Mansion Poker $1 Rake = 4 StrategyPoints
      That means if the rake counts, I have done alot of points. Since I have played 10 + 10 $ sngs!

If I remember correctly, I lost 4 of them.
      Won 0 of them.
      Came 2 3 of them.
      3rd in the rest.

Total winnings: 42.19$

Yet again as we speak I got K :diamond: K :heart: and only got 3 blinds for it.

The information may not be correct up there, but I know for sure my bankroll increased with 40$.

I totally forgot to mention my goals.

Goals this year:
      Award the gold status
      Higher myself to 20 $ sngs (when the gold status arrives)
      Get the elephant license.
      Try to be a proper blogger.

I will keep on playing and reading articles and hope that I will increase my bankroll.

Afterall I heard brm is the key to winning.

Posts read:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sng/1347/
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/212/
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sng/761/

Thank you for reading my first blog day, and big luck towards you on the tables!

Cheers!

Kind regards
      Pontus
  • 30 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Hey I hope you achieve your goals.

Just about BRM: 10$ SnG is a bit high I think, unless you have a big first deposit.
    • Dustrial224
      Dustrial224
      Bronze
      I know I know, I have yet to learn.

Thanks for the tip though, I will try to lower now, to 2.5 $ sngs.

Thanks for every suggestion, I like to learn.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hi Dustrial224!

Welcome to the best poker education you can get!

If you haven't already, can I suggest you read this article?

It explains what bank roll management you should use... if you are operating on the start up capital, read it now to giver yourself the best chance of succeeding!

Best of luck. :D
    • Dustrial224
      Dustrial224
      Bronze
      Why thank you!

I havent gotten by with that article yet, I will read it now as I write this.

As I write this I also happen to fold K :heart: K :spade: by misstake.

As it seems I have been way over my bankroll, I cant thank you enough for this article, thank you.
    • Dustrial224
      Dustrial224
      Bronze
      Update:

Points so far:

Silver rank to go:

Funniest thing today:

AK lost against A6.

All in situation with 4th place against 3rd place, I had AK.

Edit:
      I just have to add it!

Pocket 8 :heart: :diamond:

Against A :spade: Q :spade:

(random) 8 :club: Q :heart: flopp:

Turn: A :heart:

River: A :diamond:

I had the pockets, I mean come on!
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Hi Dustrial224,

you seem to still have a lot to learn but you also seem be taking it seriously and that is a good thing. Everything you need to become a long term winning player is right here on this site. You just need to reach out and grab it.

Wish you the best of luck,
      Lubor

P.S. AK v. A6 is 70-30 situation which means that the A6 will win every third time. There's nothing special about having your AK beat it will happen all the time. That is also the reason why you need to follow proper bankroll management.
    • Dustrial224
      Dustrial224
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LuborC
      P.S. AK v. A6 is 70-30 situation which means that the A6 will win every third time. There's nothing special about having your AK beat it will happen all the time. That is also the reason why you need to follow proper bankroll management.
      I got so much to learn, but I am eager to do it.

I hope my luck will be with me now that I am learning ;)
    • Dustrial224
      Dustrial224
      Bronze
      I guess I will call it a day with the + in bankroll today.

I will come back later today to try to increase it.

I came 3rd in a 5$ sng due to this:

Q :diamond: T :diamond: (my hand)

against

3 :heart: 3 :diamond:

his hand

K :spade: A :club: J :heart: on the flop (I was really flowing my blood, i mean straight flopp).

Turn: K :heart:

River: K :diamond:

Now that sucked, and I ended up short stack, and lost my way from there due to tilting, which i read today.

Tomorrow I am a silver member! (:

Have fun anyways!
    • Dustrial224
      Dustrial224
      Bronze
      So yea now when I got home I wanted to withdraw my fundings, allthough I am not surprised Mansion did not accept it.

Tomorrow I will go scan my ID, my visa and my adress verification.

And I hope to god the will let me get my money!

Best regards
      Angry Pontus
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Hi, i dont think u should give up yet! You still have a lot to learn and experience in poker, anyway the $50 isn't that much money compared to what it could potentially turn into after a few months if you study the articles on here regularly.

It does suck losing when you have the nuts on the flop, but bad beats are a part of poker, they happen to everyone n with experience you should learn to accept this. Try not to let yourself tilt as it can be very damaging to your bankroll!

I strongly recommend you stick to bankroll management, that way if you suffer some bad beats you can still afford to play. Even the best players in the world get downswings, and as a beginner you can't expect to win tons straight away, just try to learn from your mistakes and post hands for advice from more experienced players.

Well i hope you dont give up yet, n wish you the best of luck :)
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Dude, they won't let you withdraw until you clear (I think) 2000 MCPs - check the Mansion blogs - I'm sure there's a few threads on this.

This is part of the cost of getting free money. However, if you apply the strategy properly and APPLY BRM! you will earn those points in no time.

Good luck.
    • Dustrial224
      Dustrial224
      Bronze
      Originally posted by p0kerQT
      Hi, i dont think u should give up yet! You still have a lot to learn and experience in poker, anyway the $50 isn't that much money compared to what it could potentially turn into after a few months if you study the articles on here regularly.
      I haven't lost the money, I am up in 92 $.

I am sending in my ID as we speak.
    • Dustrial224
      Dustrial224
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Dude, they won't let you withdraw until you clear (I think) 2000 MCPs - check the Mansion blogs - I'm sure there's a few threads on this.

This is part of the cost of getting free money. However, if you apply the strategy properly and APPLY BRM! you will earn those points in no time.

Good luck.
      Thank you for the words, I am reading articles daily.

I am currently sending in my proof of adress as I write this.
    • Dustrial224
      Dustrial224
      Bronze
      The thing that sucked was that I was up in 132.16$.

I thought that I could withdraw 82 of them and continue playing.

So I withdrew them.

I thught "Hey let's play with my 50$ left since its a bonus".

I played and came 4th place 4 times in a row on sngs.

Then they declined my withdrawal and I was down in 92 $.

Now I am sending in my ID proof of adress as I did.

I am going down to the school after i write this to scan my credit cards, and then withdraw 42 $.

After that is done I will continue and play and learn.

And it is 5000 MCP btw for the withdrawal of the 50$.

Thanks everyone for reading, daily updates!

*out for school !*

Oh yeah, I made an exam today, and I made it! :D
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      I hope you don't get in the habit of continuously withdrawing money like that. You'll never build up a bankroll to move through the limits with.

Btw, what level are you currently playing at? With $50 left, you should be playing the $1 SnGs...
    • Dustrial224
      Dustrial224
      Bronze
      Originally posted by midgetjay
      I hope you don't get in the habit of continuously withdrawing money like that. You'll never build up a bankroll to move through the limits with.

Btw, what level are you currently playing at? With $50 left, you should be playing the $1 SnGs...
      Yes I know I know, I am going down to 1$ sngs when I can withdraw my fundings.

The reason I want to withdraw is beacuse it would be a nice profit this month.

I am new at this so I will have to read and learn, thanks for the tip anyway.

A :spade: A :heart:
    • Dustrial224
      Dustrial224
      Bronze
      I have some news!

Yesterday I sent everything in and today they accepted my documents, this means I can withdraw my requested ammount (I need it for valentines) and then lower myself down to 1$ sng and keep on going with my strategy.

I wonder when my strategy points will arrive, since I think I am a silver rank if they do.

As I write this I am currently waiting for my withdrawal, they first declined it.

I went to the live support and they said they were going to forward it to higher powers. (like A :spade: A :heart:)

So while I wait I am playing some Unibet in hope for some extra cash.

I also deposited 40$ to Mansion poker and recieved a 80$ bonus which I will try to catch up with.

Valentines is coming up tomorrow, I have still not decided what to give my girl, I am thinking about a dinner. Which my poker playing came in handy since I really have had a bad month.

Anyways, best of luck at the tables!

A :spade: A :heart:
    • Dustrial224
      Dustrial224
      Bronze
      So what's new?

Today I got a new email telling me my withdrawal was declined, allthough I talkted to the support and they would fix it.

Mansionpoker is getting on my nerves.

However, I am withdrawing again and talking to the support meanwhile.
    • Dustrial224
      Dustrial224
      Bronze
      Ok, they said I couldn't withdraw untill I reached 5000 MCP.

So that means I am currently 40$ minus on my bank account..

From now on I will blogg about my bankrolls.

Current status:

Bankroll: 132.16$

Currently playing: 2$ sng

Achievements today: - 40$ on my bankaccount and +40 $ on my bankroll.