BSS starting hand chart

• Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello there!

I would like to know why according to the BSS starting hand chart, I am supposed to raise with 22-99 from the late pos. and only call from the blinds, as well as raise with AQ/AJ/AT from late pos. and only call from the blinds. And raise from late pos. with T9s-54s and fold from blinds :| .

Thank you for the answers!

Primož
  • 3 replies
    • ovechkin91
      ovechkin91
      Bronze
      my advice is dont use a starting hand chart. Just watch the videos and try and play like the makers of the videos.
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      According to the bss charts you raise from late position with 22-99 when no one has entered the pot. Very few people to act behind you and your raise should take it down. Even if you get called they will have to check if they don't hit since your in position and a c-bet should work. Just calling from the sb or checking from the bb when you have one of these pairs is the right play. A raise will unlikely get rid of all the limpers and you could hit your set and play for a big pot since it didn't cost you much to see the flop.

AQ/AJ/A10. You raise with these hands when someone has just called. The flat callers seems a bit weak and they want to see a cheap flop. There should be some dead money in the pot why not raise with these hands to try and pick it up. It doesn't have to work everytime for it to be profitable. If you raise when in the blinds your oop for the hand and if you don't hit the flop then what do you do.

Suited connectors. Your raising these hands when no one has entered the pot yet. Basically your stealing but if your called you could still hit some kind of draw. And your opponent isn't putting you on this type of hand range. A raise should take it down, its unlikely that your remaining opponents will have a big hand behind you.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Thank you very much for your explanation, everything makes way more sense to me now :) .