This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Coming back to try again

• stirfri14
      stirfri14
      Bronze
      Hey everyone,

It has been a while since I've been on pokerstrategy. I am happy to be back.

Where I'm at:

I'm a MTT/SNG player. The I have been up and down for the past few months winning than losing depositing than learning. Though since I have streamlined my learning process and made sure that I have been studying and reviewing hands/sessions I have found some success. I have turned 30$ into $381.09 in the last 3 weeks. I was consistantly showing profit at the .50 mttsngs and decided to take a leap in stakes playing the odd 2.50 180man which I won. Than I decided to satelitte into a hot 4.40 and came in 4th place.

Ive taken this rise in stakes as a reason to work harder on my game for better opponents. I also am opting into Get Rich or die trying and raising my BR to 2000$. I am hoping to achevie this at 5000 hands a week in 2 months even though ive been told time limits are bad for poker goals.

Anyways

GL to those who work hard.
  • 2 replies
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi there and good luck from my side!

Time limits are not bad for poker players, but poker players are bad with time limits. I often see talents saying "oh, i did not have time to grind this week because...". Reasons are ranging from "i met with friends", "learn for university" to "was not motivated". I am not saying you need to grind all the time, but let's pick an example: "I had to learn for university". Yeah- this is fine, you had exams and needed to prepare. This most likely also means you did not had lectures, so days were free to be plan with. I let you judge if the average student learns 8h a day or more. I know the answer for myself when i was a student - i never had more free time.

Well, i am deviating to offtopic - Good luck with your challenge!
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      How is your MTT SNG challenge going on the moment?

Further I wish you all the best with improving your game and reaching a $2k bankroll :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987