To the stars and beyond!

• kreuzfeld
      kreuzfeld
      Bronze
      Hey, my name be Primož and coming straight out of Slovenia.

The way i came around to playing poker was through sport bets. I'm a huge fan of NHL hockey and since you get pretty good quota on NHL games i started to bet on bwin. Started with bets of 20$ and moved quickly up to 500$ bets on live betting. After a big lose on a sure winner, I decided to take it a little bit slower, noticed quickly there is also poker to be played on bwin and made a try. Although my poker skills were very limited, I succeeded in boosting my BR on cash tables, mainly low limits. After a while wanted to try some other poker sites, so I opened an account on Titan poker, where my first big break happened, when I won the New depositors freeroll and claimed 3000$ as my own. Played a little Carribean poker, claiming another 2000$, and tried myself out on the Fort Knox SnG to finish 6 times in a row the top two and winning another 300$. Been playing mainly tournaments and SnGs since, with modest success, although I managed to place good in some freerolls, adding additional $ to my BR. And finally I discovered this site a few weeks ago, what atracted me, was the big community of players, strategy articles and videos, and of course the 50$ starting capital ;) . To recap, I have been playing online for a year now, had some success and hope I'll have even more after improving my game with the help of Pokerstrategy community!

p.s. kreuzfeld is my name, and Terra is my nation.
      Stars are my dwelling place and death's my destination.
  • 8 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Wow, nice results. Are you sure you need that $50 :P

You found the right site to improve your game even more. After reading all the articles and watching interesting videos on PS you'll be playing much better and probably understand some situations that you wasn't sure before. Keep up the good work and report your successes.

Good luck on the tables!

PS: upam da ne proti men :D
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Another Primož starting a blog today, that's nice :) .

Good luck with it!
    • kreuzfeld
      kreuzfeld
      Bronze
      You know the saying: "podarjenemu konju se ne gleda v zobe", so why not, every help, be it in starting capital or articles and coachings are welcomed with open arms by me. I'm sure i can learn a lot from this community and that's the main reason i joined!

Ty for the good wishes and as far as luck goes, right back at you ;) .
    • kreuzfeld
      kreuzfeld
      Bronze
      Another Primož starting a blog today, that's nice smile .

Good luck with it!

Ty, same goes for you, let this be a good omen for us both ;) .
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Another Slovenian :D
      Good luck...

Marking thread ;)
    • kreuzfeld
      kreuzfeld
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      Another Slovenian :D
      Good luck...

Marking thread ;)
      Wow, seems like there are some Slovenians on this site, once again ty for the good wishes, seems like we're everywhere this days ;) . Keep on rocking!!!
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I'm sure we are Top5 in English Community in number of members.
    • kreuzfeld
      kreuzfeld
      Bronze
      Ok, just finished the BOTD, went out just before ITM stage. Am a little angry at myself for making a stupid call, which my instincts told me not to make. So made a mistake, because listening to my common sense. I held KQ in the BB and the only one to limp into the pot was the big stack, probably should have raised him here, yet another mistake, flop came K 2 7, i bet three quarters of the pot and the big stack pushed all-in, no draw possibilities, so my instinct told me he has trips, but then i hesitated, requested time and thought, why the hell would he go all-in with trips insted of milking me to the river. After a long thought i decided, he's intimidating me with his big stack and probably holds A7, A2 or K with weak kicker and called. He turned around ducks and that was the end of my tournament life for this week :( . And the lesson to be learned from this: Sometimes it's wiser to go with your gut than with thinking ;) ! Or as Bush would say: You fool me once, i'll fool you trice!