This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Marginal Situation - Dead Money, QJo

    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      Joined: 28.10.2008 Posts: 488
      Dead money makes this situation confusing. Can someone tell me if this analysis is correct?
      He is Short Stack player so assume his range to be 77+, AT+, QJs+.
      My equity against this range with JQo is 35%.
      So I have 35% chance to win $1.95 and 65% chance to lose $1.35.
      EV(push) = - $0.19.
      EV(fold) = - $0.10.
      Should have stayed out?

      Any further insights are of course welcomed!

      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $3.70
      Hero:
      $9.60
      MP1:
      $1.35
      MP2:
      $1.55
      CO:
      $3.50

      0.05/0.1 Pot-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

      Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:diamond: , J:club:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.20, MP2 calls $0.20, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.20, BU folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $0.60, MP1 raises to $1.00, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.10, MP1 calls $0.35 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

      Flop: ($3.30) 7:diamond: , 6:spade: , 6:diamond:
      Turn: ($3.30) T:diamond:
      River: ($3.30) 9:heart: (1 players)


      Final Pot: $3.30

      Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of sixes (Qd Jc)
      MP1 shows a full-house, nines full of sixes (9d 9s)

      MP1 wins with a full-house, nines full of sixes (9d 9s)
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.02.2007 Posts: 27,343
      I think his range is tighter, smt like TT+, AJ+, KQ
      I wouldn´t 3-bet pf, since your hand isn´t that good and once you get re-raised you have to call because of the pot odds.
      I´d just call pf getting that odds.
      If you re-raise and shortstack shows then you have to call because of your pot odds, but you should never want to put yourself into that situation where you´re üpto committed and you know that you´re behind.