• 14 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      omg nice
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Nice.... really looking forward to this one...
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      This looks good. What will you be playing mainly?
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      I dont get why the pokerstrategy blog section is soo far away from the rest of us in the first place to be honest...

Wouldnt having them as sticky's in the much looked over blog section of the furoms be a better idea?

@SoyCD wish you goodluck in your bonuswhoring I cant wait to see the end result :)
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Badugggggiiii! :heart: :heart:
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      It's great to see your blog here too, because the most people don't even know what RaisyDaisy is and where to find it. ;)

btw: I tried Badugi today => -24 BB :rolleyes: And I don't agree with your blog: there's no bluffing at 0.25/0.5 @ Stars; average WTSD was ~70%...
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey everyone- thanks for the feedback

Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      This looks good. What will you be playing mainly?
      I will probably be playing mainly NL SH. Yet since I like to diversify there will probably also be reports about :

Omaha ( SH / FR )
      SNGs + MTTs
      Stud
      Badugi
      perhaps even some FL HU or NL HU

Originally posted by jmackenzie
      I dont get why the pokerstrategy blog section is soo far away from the rest of us in the first place to be honest...

Wouldnt having them as sticky's in the much looked over blog section of the furoms be a better idea?
      Ya we definitely need a better way of promoting our blogs, which is also why they now appear on the blog ticker on the home page. Not sure if there will be a better way of integrating them into the new forum - but we will try to promote them more in the future.

Originally posted by Zheelvern
      I have actually been getting into Badugi Mathematics lately and could theoretically work on some articles on it if there was demand.
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Originally posted by Zheelvern
      I have actually been getting into Badugi Mathematics lately and could theoretically work on some articles on it if there was demand.
      Please :)
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      On today's play - I once again played a short session on CakePoker where I am still clearing the $500 bonus (more on that in future RaisyDaisy posts) and had RobbieV (our Dutch admin) looking over my shoulder and commenting. Was quite interesting Session (although I was break even due to some funky beats and villan 'hero calls') especially due to the hugh amount of limp calling + limp folding on the NL50 tables there.

Sadly there its not possible to use a tracker on Cake so I can't present much in terms of graphs or stats but I will look through hand histories for reports of future sessions.

I do have 6 Gold Cards and 12 Gold Coins though. Riiiich :D

On a side note I lost 1/3 of my Mansion Poker second free starting capital after having donked it up in Stud - due to some NL10 coolers :(

I think I will have to win some of those freeroll satellites if I want to end up clearing that bonus ;)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      So many people setting up blogs to get themself a stake in the BOTD rofl :D

Just kidding, good to see you blogging Soy, will follow with interest.

Good luck,

Bart
    • sidewalker
      sidewalker
      Bronze
      Footprint!
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Soooo... yesterday I played in the BOTD and busted with QQ vs AA. I was actually thinking about folding - as in seriously thinking about folding QQ there as his line was simply so fishy. Minraise preflop from MP and push over my raise... I called after announcing in IRC he had aces, and well he had aces and I busted. Go figure :)

With the rest of the team also running quite badly (well aside from Grimzor who was actually 5th best English/Spanish BOTD player) - so our grand ultimative crushing of the Spanish community will have to wait until next week (where they also plan on interviewing me on their radio o_O)

I really look forward to it!

In the meantime offtopic update of our Paintball battle in the GiBlog: http://giblog.pokerstrategy.com/Failing_at_Photography_Paintball

:P
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Minraise preflop from MP and push over my raise... I called after announcing in IRC he had aces, and well he had aces and I busted.
      you should know minraise is strong weapon in MTTs :rolleyes:
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Ha! I'm such an inactive blogger on here :)

To my defence I have been working on getting stuff to write about and started a $5 --> FL Highstakes challenge in which I am learning Fixed Limit. My plan is to crush 0,50/1 to a degree that will allow me to move up to $1/$2 -> $5/$10

Lofty goals but I think I can make it. The difficult beginning is already behind me as I already managed to turn the 3€ I had in my account into a decent bankroll: http://raisydaisy.pokerstrategy.com/Mansion_Fixed_Limit_Adventure_%5BBuilding_a_bankroll_Part_1%5D

Now I just have to struggle with variance and my own bad play: http://raisydaisy.pokerstrategy.com/Mansion_Fixed_Limit_Adventure_%5BBR_Building_Part_2%5D

My current graph is like a steep way up - followed by a long slide downwards. I really need to find and fix my postflop leaks and refine my strategy.

The thing I have noticed though is that my biggest winning sessions were always 1-4 tabling and all of my losing sessions 6-10 tabling. I should probably reduce the tables - despite my goal of getting Elite status on Mansion. I think I will post some of my hands in this blog soon ;)

On a side note I won yesterday's private community tournament! Stars Private Tourney: SUN 19/04!! :D

Hurrah