PidKokers FLSH blog.. starting @ .25/.50 FTP

• PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      As some people know I had a vote to see what kind of blog I should make and you can tell who won....Vote for Blog: FLSH or SnG(Turbo)?

So here goes...

My goals :

To grind FLSH and move up Asap I will be using the 500BB rule even though my current capital is about $1100 on FT I will start at the lowest limit and move up when I earn 500BB. (Goal#2 to increase PS rank to GOLD which comes naturally by moving up limits.)

[x] .25/.50
      [ ] .50/1
      [ ] 1/2
      [ ] 2/4
      [ ] 3/6
      [ ] 5/10

I started getting some practice at .10/.20 SH tables on Mansion thanks to the 2nd starting capital *THANKS :D PS*.. But now I feel ready for .25/.50 on FT which is were I will be playing.

Here is a graph of my first 2000 hands or so:

Been playing 1 table for the first 500 hands, now I have moved to 2 tabling...I still have to refer to the hands chart sometimes for marginal hands so I think I will 2 table until I have preflop mastered.

Total profit so far is: $32 or 64 BB (bigbets)

If anyone wants to see anything specific {like stats or some hands} post something to let me know, This is my first blog ever and I am not too sure what people are expecting? Feedback on what to improve would be good. **Also if anyone has the time to watch my play {HHs or Video (i dont have a mic though)}Let Me Know.**
  • 16 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Dam these FL people! Lol good start to your blog and good start to your FLSH career as well.

Btw i stole your name for my pokerstars account. Dont worry i put and underscore inbetween. I was short for ideas and i like the name and well... you play at full tilt anyway! I hope u dont mind (PidKoker is still available i think though :D )
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Nice to see you starting so well Pid... both with your blog and your SH play!

When you're blogging I think its important to put in stuff that you'd like to see if you were reviewing your blog in 6 months time.

To that end, attitude to the game, stats, session reports, bank roll movements I think are all really relevant.

As an avid reader of FL blogs, I like to see what things are impacting on a players game, what challenges they've needed to work through, how well/poorly they've run, how their state of mind alters over time. That way when I encounter similar things I have a base of experience to draw on without experiencing these things myself!

And not that I do this to at all ;) , but I always think those folks who post monthly objectives and then review those objectives do themselves the greatest service from their blogging activity.

I look forward to tracking your progress - good luck mate!
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Hi PidKoker;
      I'm glad to see you chose FL. :)

Originally posted by Waiboy
      When you're blogging I think its important to put in stuff that you'd like to see if you were reviewing your blog in 6 months time.
      This is the most important! You make this blog for yourself, to record your progress, your ideas, your feelings... It's all about you. It's great when you get feedback from readers, because it can open your eyes in many ways, but your blog should be mainly about YOU.

Good luck at the tables and keep us informed!
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Well... I voted so I have to read it now :D
      Good luck at tables

/marked
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Alright Pid! Nice to see that you finally made the to decision to go SH. Good luck!
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Sort of busy the next two weeks I got about 3 MIDTERMS :(

I am going to try to start playing longer sessions I have been busy recently and have been playing smaller 100-300 hand sessions I am going to try to play a few 500 hand sessions over the weekend hopefullty, also only 8 SPs to unlock my elephant also.

Goals:

Play longer length sessions
      2-4 table sessions

Current FL BR = $532
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      So far between Friday and Saturday, I've played about 1k hands hit a bit of a downswing saturday morning but recovered with a small profit in the evening . I am going to try to get another 500 or so in tommarow.. I just got my elephant unlocked also...So I was wondering if i post my Expert Stats can someone analyze them I am not too sure what is normal for a FLSH @ .25/.50. If someone is willing to let me know which ones I should post as there are a lot of Expert stats OR i could just take a screen shot of them all? Ill try to get them on here after my sunday session if not at the latest monday.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Hi PidKoker;
      it'd be the best if you take screen shot and post it to Fixed Limit forum.. you'll get feedback in no time ;)
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Good luck. :)

I :heart: FL blogs. :D
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Well I got in about 1222 hands and I couldn't have asked for any better, I assume I am on some sort of an upswing still???????? :rolleyes:

.. I wish I could play more as things are going great, my BR is up, and my mind is in a great place as I dont feel as though I have been playing bad at all even though I do play the occasional bad hand... But as I said in my earlier post I will be busy as I have midterms coming up, I might try to get in a smaller session in on the weekend or something not sure though..

But GL everyone and thx for taking a look.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Nice graph, Pid.

Really looks like your running well. I've had some good starts on a new limit before, but that is pretty insane!

Just remember always play your best game, understand why you are winning the hands you are, why you are losing the hands you are and keep learning.

And keep riding the wave while it lasts! Cya soon at $1/$2SH. :D
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Just wanted to add something... I have been only playing the 6-max Speed tables on Fulltilt and maybe that has something to do with me running so good. They only have 3 @ .25/.50 so I usually just open up all 3 and wait til I spot bad players (which is almost always). These tables are usually looser ( Higher players per flop) and they do attract more fish. I just play simple ABC poker ( bet top pair, make Cbets in HU or 3way pots on the right boards) and they pay you off.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PidKoker
      Just wanted to add something... I have been only playing the 6-max Speed tables on Fulltilt and maybe that has something to do with me running so good. They only have 3 @ .25/.50 so I usually just open up all 3 and wait til I spot bad players (which is almost always). These tables are usually looser ( Higher players per flop) and they do attract more fish. I just play simple ABC poker ( bet top pair, make Cbets in HU or 3way pots on the right boards) and they pay you off.
      Sounds like every table I open :) - unless I'm struggling to find good tables in which case I'll sometimes take on the TAGier tables just for practice.

I don't think this is just a FT speed table specific phenomenon, although it helps! Its really only not profitable when the aggro fish doesn't miss a flop and you continually do! Just enjoy the ride until you get to $2/$4 - which is where I understand the play starts to noticeably tighten up.
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      I just had the worst session ever i played about 1200-1500 hands. I basically lost everything I had made so far it was just one of those days where when you hit they get out of the hand/they hit better OR they call down with a worse pair/draw and they hit and they almost always did outdraw me X( .... So i think I am going to have to review all the articles and review the SH videos and look at which hands caused me to lose big time.

Also .. its going to make some of you cry:( ... but this is the reason I was playing 2200 big bets deep so I could understand the game and not have badplay/downswings hurt me too much.

Also I think I will upload a video of me 3 tabling the speed tables on FT if there is someone who wants to take a look and correct my errors...(I dont have a mic though which kind of sucks since I doubt people will watch a video with no sound for like 30ish minutes{the lengh i plan 2 make the vid})
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      ouch, realy sick graph, maybe some kind of stop loss limit should help...

look at which hands caused me to lose big time

don't forget to post those hands to smaple hands forum, maybe You just made some bad moves...and video is good idea as well

GL
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      I have made a video and have had a winning session again finally :D even though it wasnt a lot.. I sort of figured out my leaks but I'd like others oppinons on it as well so I will add the video.. From my stats what I can tell is that I am alittle over aggressive and don't see showdowns enough (either getting bluffed or just defending from the BB and playing check/fold or bet flop check turn and then they bet and I fold) I am also going to tighten up from the BB alittle bit also and see what effect it has on my game.

Here it is!Its kinda of long and has a lot of misclicks :rolleyes: ... sometimes I misread the board or how many opponents I had and made a bet when I shouldnt have or didnt bet when I should've.

It is of .25/.50 6max speed tables I had 3 of them open....Its about 1 hr long (take a few tries at it like in 20 min views or something) sadly no sound cuz my mic is broken. Theres also a side table of 15/30 i just used it as filler :P