[PLO/MTTs] from PLO tilt back to MTTs!?

• Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      hello everyone,

i just started playing poker again roughly a month ago. i usually like to blog but i set a goal of 50k hands before i consider starting a blog. in the past i oftentimes started bloging to early when i wasnt sure whether i will have endurance to keep playing. so most of the time my blogs died and left interested ppl in the dark which is nothing nice to do. anyway, i managed to play over 50k hands and this is how it looks like so far.

this is plo2 - plo10 although plo10 is like 4k hands and im down like 17 stacks on that limit. sadly whenever i made shots i went horrible but also have to admit that i played bad here and there as well. i had the wrong mindset and also went with a aggressive brm. peak was like $170 (two cashouts of $90 total included) but i dropped to $8 just recently. reflected a lot of what i was doing wrong. i invested a lot of time in theory and tried to find my weak spots. i think for the low stakes i found most of them. i was playing way to weak. got pushed out of too many pots because my range in certain spots was just way too weak. so i worked on that and got from 33/15 to 26/16 (last 3k hands). i still beat plo2 and plo5 by a huge amount but considering what effort i put into it that shud be the case. at least thats what my standards are since i want to see results of course :) .

at this point i can tell something about my goals. i mean im basically at nothing right now and not like some others i dont wanna turn into a poker pro at some point. my goal is to have some spare money monthly that i can use for whatever i need irl. im still a student right now and extra money always helps. im using a really shitty notebook (dual core, really crappy cpu sadly) and i playing poker while running a hud gets it to its limits. cant even listen to music or run anything else. it does its job though and for now i guess thats okay. its just a longterm goal to get a better playing environment. my actual goal is to be able to play at plo100/plo200 longterm. this is obviously far away and i will be happy already if i can establish myself at plo10. for now ill go really small steps and pick up on every piece of content that i can grab.

a short term goal is reaching gold star at stars. im currently 340 vpps away from it. im actually afraid since its only 5 more days and im currently back at plo2 that i might not make it. gold star wud be a nice rb boost so i definately wanna make it but like i said im afraid that i have to move up in limits against my brm to get the required points. so far i beat plo5 with 20bb/100 so it shouldnt affect me by going a little aggresive. my bankroll currenty is at $62.86 + 1k coins so effectively an additional 10 bucks. i think ill play and see where im at on wednesday and then decide what to do.

anyway, i play a lot of table tennis at the moment. basically have training every day and yesterday i was playing a tournament that i won :f_thumbsup: which took the whole day so i wasnt able to play poker. anyway to compensate for it i grinded a decent amount last saturday and damn, i ran super hot. i also went into the session with the mindset of sticking to what my plans where and not get out of line to much. result was this.

i played good and ran good as well, awesome! played 26/15 that day with 6% 3bet. not too familiar with plo stats at all but it felt good. i will start my session really soon, plan to play around 3 hours before tt training starts. depending on how it goess ill have a late night session when im back home. but for now lets play. ill let u guys know how it went :f_thumbsup:
  • 120 replies
    • rogue34
      rogue34
      Bronze
      hey lasso, since i just started looking into omaha, i´ll be definitely following your blog. hopefully you´ll include few tips and tricks for plo begginers hera and there. cheers :f_grin:
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      You might want to check out PLO Buffet this evening regarding whether you want to continue playing at Stars or somewhere else. :D

Solid graph!
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Silver
      Post the graph without showdown lines so it looks more impressive :f_drink:
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      thx guys!

im in a hurry right now so ill just leave the graph from todays session here :f_grin:

• Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      holy fkn shit, im so exhausted. idk what came over me but i played for the last 9hrs straight. at least it was worth it. more info tomorrow as im half asleep.

• Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      finally some time to write a little more :f_biggrin:

@rogue34, well you have to find out (in case you dont know) how you learn the fastes. for me its through videos and particularly through live game play. for that sake i watch a lot of jnandez87 (his youtube channel) videos. he also recently started a bankroll challene where he goes from $1k to $10k bankroll starting at plo20. he explains very well and i basically copy a lot of what hes doing. i watched almost all theory videos from kyyberi videos since its not that easy to find good theory content for plo. especially for beginners, hes doing a good job. if you have any kind of questions just feel free to ask :f_grin:

@Kyyberi, thx :f_thumbsup: . i was away last evening sadly, also i didnt check out what kind of plo stuff is going here. will do that this week :) .

@nsavov, i hate the overall graph actually since i made (and still do ;( ) so many mistakes. it fucks my mind a little. so i give you something that we both can live with i think :f_love:

alright. well yesterday or rather today was just crazy. altho im up 10 stacks in the after training session im not happy at all. i played really bad. also i lost at least 5 stacks through bluffing vs "regs". they sadly always had it in spots where i felt they couldnt be super strong. also i lost three huge pots with full house < quads which was really annoying haha. anyway, of course im glad i was up in the end. yet my mindset is not working 100% like i would like it to work. im very sad whenever i missplay a spot, its very hard for me to let go of the emotions thats caused from it. i sometimes get affected and start openin looser and stuff like that to chase it back which is obviously bad. as the graph from today tells i had a very rough start. considering this +5 stacks over ev upswing before training i expected a rough session but still its hard for you to go through the sick swings plo has. a strong mindset is a must have. i hope to achieve that over time :f_thumbsup:

anyway, here some hands from last session.

hand #1
      Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6 players - View hand 3082143
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $5.28
      MP: $4.07
      CO: $4.07
      BTN: $6.65
      Hero (SB): $6.16
      BB: $2.00

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with J :diamond: 9 :spade: T :spade: Q :diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.06, 1 fold, CO calls $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, Hero raises to $0.32, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.26, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.78) 8 :heart: 3 :club: T :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.61, UTG calls $0.61

Turn: ($2.00) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.85, UTG calls $1.85

River: ($5.70) J :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.38 all in, UTG folds

that was a hand from the last 30 mins of the session. it made me so fkn angry you wouldnt believe. my river shove is just awful. i knew he basically neer has a backdoor flush here (or well super rarely) and the corrent play here to check/call since his calling range beats us here. jesus christ that one really tilted me you wont believe. :/

hand #2
      Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 5 players - View hand 3082146

SB: $3.60
      BB: $4.97
      UTG: $2.00
      Hero (CO): $2.00
      BTN: $1.98

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with K :spade: K :club: 7 :diamond: 4 :spade:
      UTG raises to $0.07, Hero calls $0.07, 2 folds, BB calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.22) 3 :spade: 5 :spade: 9 :spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets $0.21, Hero calls $0.21, BB folds

Turn: ($0.64) Q :heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.62, Hero calls $0.62

River: ($1.88) T :club: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.02, Hero raises to $1.10 all in, UTG calls $1.08 all in

villain is a big fish, played like 70/10 or so. he had the nut flush in this spot. i dont see a chance to just call his silly mindbet on the river and r/f is retarded as well. i guess i can only make a note on him for that play and know next time :f_ugly:

hand #3
      Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6 players - View hand 3082147

CO: $1.76
      BTN: $3.69
      SB: $1.63
      Hero (BB): $2.43
      UTG: $2.76
      MP: $0.78

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with 8 :heart: Q :diamond: 7 :heart: A :diamond:
      1 fold, MP calls $0.02, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.10, MP calls $0.08, BTN calls $0.08, SB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.40) 5 :diamond: 4 :spade: Q :heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, MP folds, BTN calls $0.25, SB folds

Turn: ($0.90) 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.63, BTN raises to $2.76, Hero calls $1.45 all in

River: ($5.06) K :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

i found this hand interesting. sadly i got no info about villain. i wonder if this is standard. you could probably argue to bet flop bigger but i think its fine like that since the board is kinda dry. turn is good the hand. 67 hits but we got top two, nutfd and a gutshot, also we block 67 a little. cant do anything else but bet/broke on the turn i guess.

hand #4

Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6 players - View hand 3082149

UTG: $2.44
      MP: $2.00
      CO: $2.94
      BTN: $1.81
      SB: $0.95
      Hero (BB): $2.00

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with 8 :heart: 8 :club: 5 :diamond: 9 :diamond:
      UTG calls $0.02, MP calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.12) K :club: Q :spade: 8 :spade: (6 players)
      SB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, BTN calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.48) 6 :club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.42, BTN calls $0.42, SB calls $0.42

River: ($1.74) A :heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $1.25 all in, SB calls $0.39 all in, Hero folds

Final Pot: $2.52
      BTN shows 4 :spade: 7 :club: K :diamond: Q :club: (two pair, Kings and Queens)
      SB shows A :spade: J :spade: 2 :heart: 6 :heart: (two pair, Aces and Sixes)
      SB wins $2.44
      (Rake: $0.08)

this hand tilted me a little bit and i wasnt sure if i should raise flop. getting it in on the flop probably isnt that bad but my plan was to get it in on a clean turn. with that much action in the hand i was convinced someone has to have a better hand here.
      well looks like i got fooled here :f_cry: . but honeslty how can i find a call? ;(

anyway, bankroll is currently at $107.32. back at 3-digits :f_drink: . considering i started with $25.72 on saturday i think thats an awesome result and i look forward to extend the bankroll today :) . i cant wait to move back to plo5. also i only need 143 vpps to achieve old star which is just awesome. i made 200 points yesterday/today, thats just insane considering its plo2 haha. the last step to gold star is $10 rakeback which would be great. currently i got 1.6k star coins.

goals for today are simple. in the last marathon session i played up to 14 tables simultaneously which cost me bb/100. i wanna reduce it to 8 tables at max. especially the overlapping makes me miss so many spots where it just gets checked down and where i just miss the chance to steal because i cant follow all the action. lets see if i can keep up to my expectations, i feel like ill end up at 10-12 oh well ;( . stay tuned and you will find out later when i update :f_thumbsup:
    • rogue34
      rogue34
      Bronze
      really nice results, good job.
      thanks for the tip, I´ll definitely check it out.
      I understand you play not-zoom games mostly - do you play zoom sometimes too?
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      @rogue34, i dont play zoom games much simply because hm2 doesnt support low stakes zoom. well thats my plo2 zoom graph.

you dont really need stats to beat those stakes obviously, but its a nice tool so u have some info about villain. i actually only show vpip, pfr, 3bet in my hud due to my notebook fucking around with more stats. also i cannot open and just check stats. whenever i missclick hm2 just crashes most of the time :D . its just fucked up. i really need get a better setup to play. oh well :f_zZz:

while were at it i just finish a session. my god. i went through already. i wanted to play less tables so i got better focus. what actually happened is i turned off hm2 because i couldnt handle my 18 tables no more lol. or well my notebook rather :f_mad: . so after like 1k hands i was 18 tabling 95% of time without stats. also the last two sessions i had no idea how my ev line looked like. profit i can check in client but due to lag i cant open hm2 and check for it. weird feeling. i was kinda surprised when i saw the graph post session.

didnt expect the ev line to be up like that. i had so many retarded setups where i went in when i was dead basically.

this is a prime example

Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 5 players - View hand 3082207

BB: $3.43
      UTG: $4.04
      CO: $2.52
      BTN: $1.75
      Hero (SB): $2.90

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with A :diamond: 3 :club: A :club: 3 :heart:
      UTG calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, BB raises to $0.42, UTG calls $0.40, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.40, Hero raises to $2.12, 1 fold, UTG calls $1.70, 1 fold

Flop: ($5.10) T :spade: 7 :spade: 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.78 all in, UTG calls $0.78

Turn: ($6.66) 4 :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($6.66) 2 :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $6.66
      UTG shows 7 :club: 7 :diamond: 5 :club: T :diamond: (a full house, Sevens full of Deuces)
      Hero shows A :diamond: 3 :club: A :club: 3 :heart: (two pair, Aces and Deuces)
      UTG wins $6.44
      (Rake: $0.22)

sigh what can you do. :f_cry:

anyway, another + session which obviously is fantastic. still not happy about my performance overall. many mistakes again today but i guess i cant expect better while 18-tabling. its actually ok for now when i beat the limit with 20bb/100 like that. i get a huge sample size within no time and also clear the vpps kinda fast considering its just plo2. i mean its obviously not too benefitial for my game but lets be honest, plo2 is and for example plo10 are two different things. i guess i just gotta grind plo2 for the role and get more familiar with spots that are "weird" to me.

almost forgot about that hand today :f_biggrin:

Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6 players - View hand 3082209

CO: $6.59
      BTN: $7.15
      Hero (SB): $2.57
      BB: $3.29
      UTG: $0.80
      MP: $0.72

UTG posts a big blind ($0.02)

Pre Flop: ($0.05) Hero is SB with Q :spade: J :spade: K :club: 3 :spade:
      UTG checks, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks

Flop: ($0.06) K :spade: T :spade: A :spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks

Turn: ($0.06) 2 :club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.04, BB folds, UTG folds

Final Pot: $0.06
      Hero mucks Q :spade: J :spade: K :club: 3 :spade:
      Hero wins $0.06
      (Rake: $0.00)

blog is just a few days old and i can present the first royal flush (overall like my ~15th). let the good fortune continue :f_drink:

if you guys dislike anything i post or have any kind of feedback let me know. i just post kinda randomly right now so not much structure throughout my posts. hope its not too hard to read :f_pleased:

i might play one more session. ill let you know in case i went for it.
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Silver
      By low stakes you mean micros? HM2 supports zoom, you just have to launch HM and stars as administator :f_thumbsup:
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      yes i mean micros, well to me its all the same :f_biggrin: . hm so far i only ran hm2 as admin but not pokerstars. i googled anyway to find out why it didnt work and theres a thread from 2k15 or so where it says plo2 and plo5 zoom are both not supported by hm2. and it was confirmed by an admin that theres problems. so i didnt bother finding a solution. i was wondering though when i tried plo10 and it still didnt work. i got used to the normal tables anyway at this point so no biggy :f_tongue: .

ill start playing soon although around this time tables arent that soft. only ~60 more vpp to hit goldstar. that would be pretty nice. glad i grinded so hard on monday that probably saved me a lot of trouble and took away some pressure getting it done haha.
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      just got back from table tennis training. i played a session this afternoon. well what can i say. it was kinda bad overall. again i played way too many tables and made so many mistakes again. i cant hold myself back from joining tables when theres 3 or more big fishes on it :/. the session started really bad as i dropped 5-6 stacks within no time. so many setups against me. oh well i dont wanna cry since im still up. next session will be 12 tables maximum. thats the amount i can handle without losing too many bb/100.

anyway, we can celebrate today as i actually did it.

:f_cool: :f_drink: :f_biggrin: :f_thumbsup:

first goal complete. next step will be to aquire the needed bankroll to shot plo5 :) . i have no idea yet how much i want. if im aggressive i might take 5 buy ins at $200 or ill extend it a little and use 10 buy ins at $250 in case i start poorly on plo5. i guess shotting and moving back to plo2 would be pretty disappointing.

ill eat in a moment, check on some other stuff and most likely play for some more hours. bankroll is at $135.94 :f_love:
    • cardinhand
      cardinhand
      Bronze
      now this is a nice blog to follow!
      like a TV show.. waiting for your next update :f_drink:
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      haha that one had me laughing. thx for your kind words :s_pleased:

night session just ended. i finally could resist to go for more than 12 tables. what can is say, i played really well that session. i still made some mistakes but it was only a very few that had me raging a little. again i did not check for ev during the session although how the session went i had a feeling how the graph would look like haha.

i guess there was some run bad involved haha. although i cant complain as i ran above ev the past sessions :) . it evened itself out today overall. at the end i had some retarded setups against me that crushed the ev a bit oh well haha. i should definately stick to 12-tabling. i felt really comfortable during the session and barely timed out.

now to the fun part. i was able to copy paste some hands during the session. i forgot about all so it will be a little surprise. like i said this will be more of a fun posting, maybe a little towards crying and laughing depending on how the hand played out haha :D .

hand #1

Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6 players - View hand 3082533

BB: $2.54
      UTG: $1.49
      MP: $9.59
      CO: $2.99
      Hero (BTN): $3.79
      SB: $1.18

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with K :diamond: J :club: K :club: 7 :diamond:
      1 fold, MP calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.11, 2 folds, MP calls $0.09, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.27) 4 :heart: 4 :spade: 7 :heart: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.18, MP calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.63) 7 :club: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.40, MP raises to $1, Hero calls $0.60

River: ($2.63) 2 :heart: (2 players)
      MP bets $2.54, Hero folds

wow, right away an interesting hand. actually i cant believe i played it like that. easiest turn shove ever. i mean the river is hard to call obviously and i think the fold is fine. i think ingame i felt like his line looked so strong but when you think about it what kind of boats does he have here when we block a 7. 74 and 44 are the only hands that beat us. would be funny if he had 44 and i actually saved a stack there. still this is an easy shove imo.

hand #2

Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6 players - View hand 3082534

UTG: $4.17
      Hero (MP): $4.22
      CO: $4.56
      BTN: $2.83
      SB: $0.59
      BB: $1.40

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is MP with 3 :club: K :diamond: 2 :diamond: K :heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.07, CO calls $0.07, 1 fold, SB calls $0.06, BB calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.28) K :club: 3 :heart: A :spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.23, CO calls $0.23, SB raises to $0.52 all in, BB calls $0.52, Hero raises to $2.58, CO folds, BB calls $0.81 all in

Turn: ($3.69) 5 :heart: (3 players - 2 are all in)

River: ($3.69) 9 :club: (3 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $3.69
      Hero shows 3 :club: K :diamond: 2 :diamond: K :heart: (three of a kind, Kings)
      SB shows A :heart: 5 :diamond: A :diamond: 7 :heart: (three of a kind, Aces)
      BB shows 4 :spade: Q :club: 2 :spade: Q :spade: (a straight, Ace to Five)
      BB wins $1.57
      BB wins $2.00
      (Rake: $0.12)

man this one almost killed me HAHA. BB and dealer had to be bros. no other way to explain his play :s_biggrin: :s_evil:

hand #3

Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6 players - View hand 3082535

MP: $1.54
      CO: $2.00
      Hero (BTN): $2.85
      SB: $11.29
      BB: $1.46
      UTG: $11.21

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with J :spade: J :heart: A :spade: A :heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, SB raises to $0.12, BB calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.48, SB calls $0.36, BB calls $0.36

Flop: ($1.44) 3 :spade: 6 :club: 3 :heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.13, SB calls $1.13, BB folds

Turn: ($3.70) Q :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $3.58, Hero calls $1.24 all in

River: ($6.18) 3 :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $6.18
      Hero shows J :spade: J :heart: A :spade: A :heart: (a full house, Threes full of Aces)
      SB shows 6 :diamond: 7 :heart: T :club: 3 :club: (four of a kind, Threes)
      SB wins $5.98
      (Rake: $0.20)

oh boy. i lost $11 to just this dude in the session. he clearly is my kryptonite LOL.

hand #4

Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 4 players - View hand 3082536

BTN: $8.01
      SB: $3.85
      Hero (BB): $2.25
      CO: $2.00

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with A :diamond: 7 :club: Q :club: 9 :diamond:
      CO calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.10, CO calls $0.08, BTN calls $0.08, SB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.40) 2 :heart: Q :diamond: 8 :heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, CO folds, BTN calls $0.25, SB calls $0.25

Turn: ($1.15) A :club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.08, BTN calls $1.08, SB calls $1.08

River: ($4.39) 6 :diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.82 all in, BTN calls $0.82, SB calls $0.82

Final Pot: $6.85
      BTN mucks 8 :spade: Q :spade: J :spade: T :heart:
      SB mucks 4 :club: K :club: 8 :diamond: Q :heart:
      Hero shows A :diamond: 7 :club: Q :club: 9 :diamond: (two pair, Aces and Queens)
      Hero wins $6.62
      (Rake: $0.23)

hand of the day. my good this board ran down perfectly. before river i thought well will it be the Th or Jh but wait :s_drink:

well that was a good day. almost 8k hands is pretty insane too. im really doing well on building up a sample size. honestly for me its oftentimes a pain in the ass to start the session because i like to watch youtube videos or do whatever a lot. but once the first table opened and the hand is dealt i forgot everything else and just play like crazy haha. i guess thats a good thing :s_cool: . i currently have half a step to clear left for 800 coins which would be really nice. i have like 1.5 days left for it and i think that should be enough considering how much i grind haha. i probably finish it today anyway :s_biggrin: .

ok guys im tired. need to get some sleep. you will here from me very soon :s_ugly:
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      damn guys, what can i say. yesterday was a sick day. i played two sessions. one short one to start with where i was down a little and then a longer one that ended up pretty badly. i literally ran like shit and on top i started to get to me a little bit. i was battling with some "decent" players and they sadly almost always had it. i misplayed some spots as well but for like an hour or so it felt like i was down 2k bb lol. anyway not much time to go into more detail. i got plenty hands from last session and also some for the hand judge :f_thumbsup: . heres the graph

like i said more detailed info later today as i gotta go now.
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Silver
      Yup, those things happen to everyone. Take a break, dont think about the money lost or if you do, think about them like an investment in your study. The best lessons are learned the hard way.
      If you learn from your mistakes your next downswing will be alot smaller :f_thumbsup:
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      i mean in that session i lost like $3 which is nothing obviously :f_ugly: .

well, last couple of days have been really bad in terms of poker. with the star coins i had almost $200 and since we hit weekend i was confident to shot plo5. to give some background. its not like this is a suicide experiment because im not prepared or anything :f_cool: . this is my plo5 graph pre blog so before 24th of june.

pretty solid i think :f_thumbsup:

i felt really confident going into this weekends plo5 shots. the last session of plo2 was kinda bad (although basically breakeven) and i thought the shot would bring back my focus. i started the session on friday evening after tt training. my memory was like plo5 was a little tougher than plo2 and there were some okish players that understand check backs etc. but this weekend the game was incredibly soft. average table stats are 60+ vpip and 13+ pfr. you basically just gotta be there and pick up the money lol. well sadly things didnt go like planned. but first of all ill share the graph of the past two days.

while the first 1k hands or so went kinda ok it got worse and worse. i quickly ended up in a mood where it felt impossible to win a hand. id basically never made hands and had sequences where i would drop 4 buy ins without even losing a hand at showdown lol. i mean its obviously all part of a very swingy game but especially the ev really fked me. most of the players were just passive so they would wait until they got sth to go with or not raise their best hands.

i also established some table dynamic with some fish that brought up some crazy situations. for example a hand like this.

Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6 players - View hand 3083208

SB: $32.46
      BB: $8.51
      Hero (UTG): $12.40
      MP: $8.04
      CO: $28.57
      BTN: $10.15

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with A :heart: 2 :diamond: Q :diamond: K :heart:
      Hero raises to $0.17, 1 fold, CO raises to $0.58, BTN calls $0.58, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.39, CO calls $1.81, BTN calls $1.81

Flop: ($7.24) 4 :club: J :club: T :diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $6.75, CO calls $6.75, BTN raises to $7.76 all in, Hero calls $1.01, CO calls $1.01

Turn: ($30.52) K :club: (3 players - 1 is all in)
      Hero bets $2.25 all in, CO calls $2.25

River: ($35.02) 3 :diamond: (3 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $35.02
      Hero shows A :heart: 2 :diamond: Q :diamond: K :heart: (a straight, Ten to Ace)
      CO shows K :spade: 8 :diamond: T :club: 7 :club: (a flush, King high)
      BTN shows 8 :heart: Q :club: 6 :heart: 5 :club: (a flush, King high - Queen higher)
      CO wins $4.50
      BTN wins $29.52
      (Rake: $1.00)

in this spot CO had 73% pfr so i have an easy 4bet that deep with my hand. why would i not just call and see flops and build pots while i hit the board? this dude was actually not a huge fish. he somewhat played kinda decent postflop but preflop he was just a maniac so i tried to get the pot as big as possible preflop which to me at least makes sense. id even go broke here with that hand vs him. anyway flop is really good for me. the other guy btw was one of the more reggier looking guys. even he makes such mistakes to play these type of hands. i mean on the flop money goes in. and since money went in on turn i obviously get fked with the ev haha. not that i care too much since usually that evens out over time but last two days hands have been a lot like that. 80% ore more of money goes in and on the next street im ded and it goes in anyway sigh.

to give you an idea of how soft games have been.

Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 4 players - View hand 3083210

Hero (BB): $10.98
      CO: $14.06
      BTN: $6.45
      SB: $5.00

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with 3 :club: 6 :heart: 7 :diamond: 2 :heart:
      CO calls $0.05, 1 fold, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.15) 2 :club: 4 :spade: 5 :club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.13, CO calls $0.13, SB folds

Turn: ($0.41) 3 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.38, CO raises to $1.53, Hero raises to $4.98, CO raises to $13.88 all in, Hero calls $5.82 all in

River: ($22.01) Q :club: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $22.01
      Hero shows 3 :club: 6 :heart: 7 :diamond: 2 :heart: (a straight, Three to Seven)
      CO shows 2 :diamond: 9 :heart: 6 :diamond: 4 :heart: (a straight, Deuce to Six)
      Hero wins $21.51
      (Rake: $0.50)

he would have done the same thing with a5 too btw.

i just go through my hands and some are really killing me. the folllowing one made me so sad :(

Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 Pot Limit Omaha Hi $0.01 Ante - 5 players - View hand 3083213

UTG: $4.93
      CO: $15.25
      BTN: $11.59
      Hero (SB): $11.45
      BB: $5.00

Pre Flop: ($0.12) Hero is SB with K :diamond: T :spade: J :spade: J :diamond:
      UTG calls $0.05, CO raises to $0.27, BTN calls $0.27, Hero calls $0.25, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.22

Flop: ($1.18) J :heart: 8 :heart: K :spade: (4 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks, BTN bets $1.13, Hero calls $1.13, UTG folds, CO folds

Turn: ($3.44) 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.31, Hero raises to $10.04 all in, BTN calls $6.73

Final Pot: $23.52
      BTN shows K :club: 9 :heart: 7 :heart: 3 :spade: (a flush, Jack high)
      Hero shows K :diamond: T :spade: J :spade: J :diamond: (three of a kind, Jacks)
      BTN wins $11.30
      BTN wins $11.30
      (Rake: $0.92)

we ran twice and he scooped it with a flush each time :f_cry: .

oh well. overall idk what was going on. i was sitting with 4 60/15 guys at the table and i cant beat that shit. btw the 99/74/34 guy left the table with a $59 stack haha. i feel like i deserved to be at least even but this losing session really crippled my bankroll sadly. also stopping felt just bad because the games were basically softer than plo2. you just had to hit a hand and then build a pot. was too hard though. anyway, gotta think about what to do now. only positive thing was that i managed to clear a 800 star coin step before last month finished. yay i got an extra $8 rakevback :f_biggrin: haha

ill later this evening/night. in case im not too exhausted after ill post what happened. otherwise you will hear the news tomorrow :f_thumbsup:
    • Alebowski
      Alebowski
      Silver
      Hey, Lasso, nice blog!
      I just started playing PLO2 and will be following your journey here, the more i get to study the game i will try to comment on your hands as well to debate, but so far i really like the lines you take :f_drink:

Thats some solid good poker, keep it up! cheers
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      thank you. good luck on the tables :f_thumbsup:

idk if i play solid poker though. im struggling very hard right now and i dont know whats the reason for it. i didnt change a thing. currently it feels like i got no edge. tables are so soft but i cant win. over the past hands i dont even have 50% cbet because were always 3-5-way on the flop and there i am with my good starting hand on 678 all hearts board. or well idk how often the board was 789 this session. ist just dum. the other "regs" bust the fishes over and over and i sit slowly losing ma stacks since i barely hit a board. ah jeez i could actually cry. whenever i shot a higher limit i get destroyed and not by the better players. its depressing.

last session i was jus 4-tabling to lower variance as much as possible. looked like this in the end.

overall im down 22 stacks in 10k hands of shotting plo5 this weekend. 15 under ev which just broke my neck lol. im obviously far away from being a good player but losing these games really sucks. man i feel so lost right now. if i knew the games were somewhat tough i would understand but you got one 24/15 at the table and the others all have 50+ vpip and you cant make a profit. its just disgusting. i used to play mt sngs and mtts and i know i would have almost certain never made a loss during the weekend i played those. downside is though that you gotta commit for an unlimited peroid of time thats why i chose cashgame. oh boy guess i gotta move down to plo2 again and maybe regain some confidence. plo is a bitch :(
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      hey guys. heres the graph from today.

good to have a winning session i guess. i was kinda crushing it today besides just 15 mins where i got fked so hard again. idk sometimes setups are just ridiculous. i was really deep (500bb+) with some players on one table and lost 400bb in two pots where i had huge draws. especially the one where i had a wrap with a367 on a45 hurt so bad. we were 3way postflop. oh well maybe another time. considering the fact i was at $50 again at some point but ended the session with just above $40 kinda sucks honestly. guess it will take at least a week to get back over $100br. best thing today was probably me clearing another 800 coin step. currently at 6.1k coins which is $60. i could convert but since i know myself i could go broke when i do some shotting at some point. so ill keep the points just in case i go crazy (hopefully not). i feel like i was only up because villains made so many fucking mistakes today. oh well if it was slightly tougher i wouldnt even beat plo2. i hope thats just due to multitabling. otherwise i wont make it far sadly.