Pokerstrategy 2 Thumbs Down

• tiltpokernow
      tiltpokernow
      Bronze
      I am a GOLD Member and have hundreds of dollars on Mansion...

I got my parents to join as I can receive the referral reference and give them a chance to play online without risking anything...

My father created an account and sent in all of his documents within the last 23 hours and here is the message he received:

We are sorry to say that, in accordance with our Terms and Conditions, we have decided to not transfer you the $50 starting capital and to close your account. We have taken this step since you did not manage to pass our security check and we have reason to believe that you have registered with multiple accounts.

We are not able to give you further details, as this information could theoretically be abused to circumvent our security system. It is certainly possible that our security system can occasionally lead to the closure of "innocent" accounts, as yours might be. If this is the case, we wish to extend our utmost apologies.

A security system can however only function if we take consequent action. That is why our decision stands and will not be changed in retrospective.

Sincerely,
      The PokerStrategy-Team

So he does not even get a CHANCE to defend himself...I am frusterated as well as he is. He was looking forward to playing...any ideas to what action I can take? I am almost certain there are somegaming lawd PS is breaking...possibly not informing the public up front what they are making off each player that signs up through them?

My father is a police officer and well he is looking into the gaming commission for all of the poker sites associated with PokerStrategy...

why give Pokerstrategy a chance to respond when they didn't give my father a chance?

Thanks...
  • 28 replies
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      I'm sorry but did you read the terms and conditions?

I suggest you do that first, as I believe it is said that only one no deposit bonus can be given per household.
    • tiltpokernow
      tiltpokernow
      Bronze
      I do not live with my parents. And they provided the POA to prove that
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      Well, you must understand that Pokerstrategy.com everyday faces new attempts of scams, where peple open multiple accounts using their brothers, sisters, etc IDs just to get 50$.
      Also there is no law that can make anyone to give you free money.
    • tiltpokernow
      tiltpokernow
      Bronze
      but im sure there is a law about making money off of people who do not know...they wouldnt give "free money" they are making money off of each person registered and they do not disclose that in big print
    • Lanfear81
      Lanfear81
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      a lot, maybe most users result in a net loss for pokerstrategy. (free 150, TAF-money, costs, etc)
      I don't think someone can FORCE PokerStrategy to GIVE them free money.

concering how pokerstrategy makes money:
      read (yes i now, stickythreads which say ANOUNCEMENT!, should never be read under any circumstance, but well what the heck, maybe someone in a galaxy far far away will someday read a FAQ or sticky anouncement :D )

read

it's al there, PokerStrategy, never tried to hide "something".
      PokerStrategy doesn't make money OFF it's members, but by it's members. for our customers we provide free content and promotions, the pokerplatforms pay pokerstrategy for the players registered/playing there.
      Someone who is no member of pokerstrategy, does in no way, pay less rake then someone who is registered with pokerstrategy. The Only difference is: the pokerroom keeps all the money for itself and the user doesn't get free content + promotions.

furthermore i think it would be a little naïeve to think this is just one big charity festival where with over 1 million members 1.000.000 * $50+$100 = $150.000.000 cash is given away.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dustinkeenan

Why don't you stake your dad?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello dustinkeenan,

It seems like your dad did not pass the security check. If you check our terms and conditions you will see that we reserve the right to exclude users from the platform, through registration cancellation and by blocking a new registration. As stated in the e-mail you received, it can of course sometimes happen that an innocent user is affected by this, but we have to remain consequent action nonetheless.

Regarding the "free money" - we invest in each of our users and only 'make' money if they actually play with it and become successful. We are therefore selective with who we choose and don't just give starting capital to anybody.

As provided before you can read about it in our Business model: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/businessmodel/

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • tiltpokernow
      tiltpokernow
      Bronze
      its a joke...anyways I am in protest so will no longer be playing on the site created from here in protest. You lost my business...take care
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Did your mom receive the capital? Does she live with your father?
    • tiltpokernow
      tiltpokernow
      Bronze
      poker sites allow multi accounts for family members in the same household but this site will not allow it...they were going to...first my dad was going to get the account created and then see if my mother could also...
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi dustinkeenan,

We do allow multiple accounts for family members living in the same household. Which is also why I was kind of confused about why you would mention that you don't live with your parents.

The reason your Dad's account was closed was simply due to our support not clearing his security check.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • tiltpokernow
      tiltpokernow
      Bronze
      they stated that he had multiple accounts?
      he signed up for one...
      Then my mother signed up for an account...but she didnt choose the platform because they wanted to make sure about the rules...they contacted me and I said it should be fine...

My dad was born in 67 and he sent his ID and utility bill...I love how they do not give a person a chance to explain themselves and/or security explains it better...

My father had to go across town to use a scanner to scan his ID and liscenses...and utility bill

that is gas+hassle of bothering someone with a scanner...+the time and effort...

waste of life especially since he followed all procedures correctly.

two thumbs down
    • Dustrial224
      Dustrial224
      Bronze
      Sometimes things doesn't turn out the way you want to.

It's life really, we all know the feeling of loosing an AA preflopp towards a flush or a straight.

Guess this is just not your day.

A :heart: A :spade:
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88

Why don't you stake your dad?
      Hihihi, this is good!
      Yeah OP, stake him $100 and split his winnings 60/40 for you.
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      I am frusterated as well as he is. He was looking forward to playing...any ideas to what action I can take? I am almost certain there are somegaming lawd PS is breaking...possibly not informing the public up front what they are making off each player that signs up through them?

My father is a police officer and well he is looking into the gaming commission for all of the poker sites associated with PokerStrategy...
      HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D :D :D :D :D ma daddy workZ Fur blizzarD and he will bans your troll shaman for haxx!!!

Seriously dude, it´s 50 bucks... just use MANSIONS own refer-a-friend and stake your dad yourself :rolleyes:
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      try contacting via mail pokerstrategy support? I also had problems with my money send to full tilt , a mail to FT support got the job done.

it sucks that your father can't get his free capital but saying this is not the apropiate aproach.
      "My father is a police officer and well he is looking into the gaming commission for all of the poker sites associated with PokerStrategy..."
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lanfear81

furthermore i think it would be a little naïeve to think this is just one big charity festival where with over 1 million members 1.000.000 * $50+$100 = $150.000.000 cash is given away.
      Hmm is there really 1 million members? Wont PS be so widespread some day, that ALL online players are members of PS thus taking away the edge current players have over other players? I think stop new members from joining :P
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Hey Dustin,

sorry for your precise case - I asked our customer service to revisit it, although I cannot promise anything.

Our security system is - sadly - bitterly necessary as many people try to fraud us.

Security systems of all kinds always have one big problem: the better you keep out fraud, the more you also annoy or even cut off honest customers like your dad.

We are always trying to optimise our security methods to prevent such cases from happening but probably we will never succeed 100%. With nowadays more than 4,000 sign-ups every day, our customer service & anti-fraud teams are really pumped full with work.

It would help me a big deal if you told me the account name of your dad to have a better look into matters.

Best regards,
      Lutz
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      any ideas to what action I can take? I am almost certain there are somegaming lawd PS is breaking...possibly not informing the public up front what they are making off each player that signs up through them?

Just to make it 100% clear:
      this passage is not the reason I answer so polite - it even was the reason that made me think if I should not.

Threatening never gets you far in life - and neither PokerStrategy.com nor our partner poker rooms are in conflict with the law. Otherwise, much bigger parties like the state gambling monopolies would have taken that chance, already :)