New Pokerstars Stars Reward

• fredhead
      fredhead
      Bronze
      What do you guys think about the new loyalty reward program at Pokerstars?

LINK: PS Blog Announcement

I know nothing about Chests, but read that it will be an incentive..

What I hate is that I read they will cancel the actual statuses of all players and start from scratch...

any thoughts?
  • 13 replies
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Gold
      By means of making rewards more like a game and more fascinating, Stars are cutting their costs - they'll now be able to pay less rakeback on average (10% or so) without too much consumer backlash - they understand that most of their customers are looking rather for fun and variety than for money in their rewards.
    • fredhead
      fredhead
      Bronze
      they understand that most of their customers are looking rather for fun and variety than for money in their rewards.
      I believe this is true for most rec players. But what about Sharks and long-time regs. They heavily depend on RakeBack to earn a profit right?
    • CRI4BRA
      CRI4BRA
      Bronze
      a real shark dont need anything to crush the stakes where he is a shark

a real shark would welcome new changes cause all the ''bad regs'' - lol analogy doug polk- will leave the game sooner or later

what you read on all forums is just a sad puppy cry of regs who believe they are sharks , when they are just breakeven

note : breakeven is way way way behind being a shark
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Gold
      The regs' bottom lines do depend on rakeback even if they're profitable without it, but they're not necessary to maintain online poker at a site where the recreational player base is already big enough (Stars). For years, Stars and other sites have been trying to discourage regs from playing because rake equals deposits minus withdrawals. Partypoker is now trying, on the contrary, to encourage them and increase the population of its games so that they run smoothly at all - well, more power to Party.
    • rogue34
      rogue34
      Bronze
      Hey.
      How many points do I need to get each of the chests? I can´t find this info anywhere. I only know that for the first red chest is needed 150 points and 320 for the blue one...
    • HMarttinez
      HMarttinez
      Basic
      1400 points for bronze chest and i got 65 StarsCoins, 75 points. This is ridiculous, once i complete my first deposit bonus im out.
    • pceetje
      pceetje
      Silver
      I need 240 points for a red chest, so they made it harder for me, right?
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      Are sngs unbeatable now on stars. Seems like most formats rakeback was the only thing keeping them profitable.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I don’t think they are unbeatable. Otherwise the regulars would go away and then the games would dry out and that would give opportunities for others as well.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      I've done some calculating and have come to a conclusion that everyone gets ~5% rakeback on PokerStars.
      Also, I can't fathom how they justify their "everyone has unique rakeback". Here's an example: nl5 player needs 2250 points to open a silver chest and nl50 player needs 6000 points to open a silver chest (the players in question are me and my friend and we have cross-checked all the info). $1 rake = 100 points, so the nl5 player needs to rake $22.5 and nl50 player needs to rake $60 for the same chest! And it's not like they get different rewards, the rewards in the silver chest are the same for all! This is just insanely ridiculous. It is pure discrimination of players who player higher limits. Granted, nl50 players get random cash prizes in chests of $10 and at nl5 they get $1 usually, but that still doesn't make up for the huuuge gap as those cash drops are totally random.

Basically they have totally decimated the rakeback system. I know they are a private company and they can do whatever they want, but they can definitely no longer claim that they are the best in the business and that they have the best loyalty program.
    • vjxjnh0122
      vjxjnh0122
      Silver
      Ps is a good site, but now i dont see rake back..:f_confused:
    • Niktat0r
      Niktat0r
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vjxjnh0122
      Ps is a good site, but now i dont see rake back..:f_confused:
      Ya, there are 40% reasons to play party poker now. That 50% rake back is enough to me to use that odd software (compared to pokerstars).
      I wonder if party gets tons of players from Stars. I guess so. At least the tables get crowed at party. We`ll see.
    • Dina7427
      Dina7427
      Bronze
      Hello i think that the old one was much more better ,i choosein better partypoker