My first real losing day

• DE4DLY
      DE4DLY
      Bronze
      About a week ago I signed up to Mansion with the new $50+100 no deposit bonus, I thought I would use the opportunity to switch from my normal FR FL game to NL SSS

I played for a week at .10/.20 and got the BR to go up to the .25/.50 games and this is the first day I had at the new limit...

I have now had to drop down to .10/.20 to protect my bankroll.
      I think that I was sticking to the chart, anyway my game did not change really from the lower limit.
      Does going up a limit really make that much difference?
      D.
  • 2 replies
    • krypto9ite
      krypto9ite
      Bronze
      The skillsets required for .25/.50 is more complex than the lower NL25 and NL10 games, at this level ABC TAG SSS is probably not enough.

Maybe try and read up all the articles and watch some more of the videos before giving it another shot.

Good luck.
    • DE4DLY
      DE4DLY
      Bronze
      Originally posted by krypto9ite
      The skillsets required for .25/.50 is more complex than the lower NL25 and NL10 games, at this level ABC TAG SSS is probably not enough.

Maybe try and read up all the articles and watch some more of the videos before giving it another shot.

Good luck.
      I see where you are coming from and I will do that.
      I have been following the advice from the SSS silver articles, I hope to be able to read the gold ones soon.

Looking back over the hands it looks like I had a lot of unlikely beats and not much playable for a couple of thousand hands so I probably look like uber uber tight on peoples trackers. That would explain why almost every time I had a hand people just folded, and only saw me when they had monsters.
      I really need to be more table aware.
      Also I guess that table selection becomes a lot more important as blinds go up, I may have just sat at the wrong tables in bad position for a bit too long.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. Constant improvement. Yep!
      D.