Isn't most of this poker advice just wrong?!

• noluck2785
      noluck2785
      Basic
      I've played a fair bit of poker, online and live. At the moment i'm trying to complete the no limit quiz, and its not going well at all. I'm suprised to find that this site is telling people to fold hands like pocket jacks and pocket tens to any sort of raise, and also just to shove all in with KK regardless of action infront of them. Poker is all about feel, and adapting to the players around you. 99% of the players online do not play to the 'rules' stated on this website, so if you go around folding JJ and AQ to raises all day long you're probably gonna end up not playing many hands- and then raising with AK to find that someone has limped with AA or KK in early position. I'm probably just frustrated that I can't seem to pass this test, but a lot of the information in it is just absolute bullsh1t. Anyone having any similar issues? Let me know.

Peace.
  • 15 replies
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      well, this is SSS, and most people online are losing players...

read the articles, the quiz is very eeeeasyyyyy... later you can learn BSS that has a lot more complex moves and etc.

BTW limping AA in early position, is just asking for a limp with 33 and then you are screwed in a XX3 flop...

GL
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      The quiz is based on Short Stack Strategy and its starting hand chart. You are probably used to Big Stack Strategy, and you are right that in BSS it's not how you play. Read the SSS articles and you will understand.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by noluck2785
      99% of the players online do not play to the 'rules' stated on this website
      That's why 90+% of micro and low limit players lose over long time...

I'd say, 70% of the players at 5/10 FL follow more or less some kind of the 'rules' and expect to see 90% at higer limits.

As was already said: this quiz is about SSS which is profitable at micro and low stakes for almost everyone who strictly follow the rules and it's the best way to build bankroll for BSS.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hi noluck2785

Just my 2 cents to back up the other folks.

Read the article, use the answers provided in the article to pass the quiz.

Get the FREE MONEY.

Try ACTUALLY APPLYING the strategy. STRICTLY.

Read articles, attend coachings, post hands, make cash, clear bonuses, move up limits.

Then once you've learned and practiced and assimilated all this knowledge, you can then reassess and decide, from an informed position, whether this is all bullshit, or actually an incredible learning source of information.

Best of luck. :)
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      If you think the strategy is crap, fine. If you want to pass the test and get the free $50, then soak up the strategy and answer the questions according to the strategy that was taught. If you want to be scared that an early limper has AA and limp or fold KK that's fine, too... well not really. I hope you can do well, actually.
    • sebalpda
      sebalpda
      Bronze
      I've played a fair bit of poker, online and live. At the moment i'm trying to complete the no limit quiz, and its not going well at all. I'm suprised to find that this site is telling people to fold hands like pocket jacks and pocket tens to any sort of raise, and also just to shove all in with KK regardless of action infront of them. Poker is all about feel, and adapting to the players around you. 99% of the players online do not play to the 'rules' stated on this website, so if you go around folding JJ and AQ to raises all day long you're probably gonna end up not playing many hands- and then raising with AK to find that someone has limped with AA or KK in early position. I'm probably just frustrated that I can't seem to pass this test, but a lot of the information in it is just absolute bullsh1t. Anyone having any similar issues? Let me know.

Peace.
      ¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿? Poker is exactly the opposite. No feelings, pure strategy.
      I guess you are one of them (fishes ofcourse)
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Everything in poker is strategy... you cannot "feel" anything. You adjust to betting patters etc.
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Originally posted by sebalpda

Peace.
      ¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿? Poker is exactly the opposite. No feelings, pure strategy.
      I guess you are one of them (fishes ofcourse)
      [] played live game poker
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      OP, you are very wrong...
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze

Peace.
      Hello noluck2785,

The quiz is based on our basic beginner articles for the ShortStack Strategy. The SSS is a strategy based on strict mathematics - since when playing with a 20 big blind stack there is not much room for "feel" or fancy play. Especially for beginners its sufficient to play strict ABC tight aggressive SSS.

Since the quiz is based on these articles - I can only recommend reading the articles and answering the questions based on the material offered there.

We do of course also have articles on big stack strategy where play gets a lot looser - especially on SH tables. This is however more advanced material and as such not covered in the beginner quiz.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • noluck2785
      noluck2785
      Basic
      Your all donks
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Your all donks

Says someone who's unable to finish basic quiz with given answers ;)
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      Your all donks
      Your the only donk here +me why would you need 50$ starting capital if your so great player who wins with his "feelings".
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      We're just trying to help and explain... If you think you know better and you don't need advice or to learn, don't waste your time. Keep playing the way you play and you should be fine. Where and what tables do you play btw?
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Your all donks
      noluck

I think the overall tone of responses to your post are fairly aggressive (my own included!). The reason for this is the folks posting here understand the value of the information contained on this site and understandbly are keen to defend it.

If you can take the information contained in the quiz articles and apply it to complete the quiz, you will be able to access a tremendous resource that will help your game.

Remember, no one ever stops learning so even if you feel really on top of your game and that you understand poker, that's fine, but adding to that base of knowledge can only make you a much better and more dangerous player.

And of course you get free cash, which is always nice.

Best of luck. :)